• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burned in Subtitle

chromaburst

Will it be possible for future updated version to include an option to "Burn In" a Subtitle track, obviously most useful for Forced Subtitle track.

Forced subtitle is a notorious problem in MKV dependant on the player being used. Burned in sub track is ideal for this purpose.

I have held off purchasing CloneBD for this reason and use Vidcoder.

Thanks

That's already present. It's the first thing you're asked when you select mkv.

'mkv with selectable subtitles' or 'mkv with embedded subtitles' <==

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

That's already present. It's the first thing you're asked when you select mkv.

'mkv with selectable subtitles' or 'mkv with embedded subtitles' <==

Yes but I want to choose a Subtitle to burn in and the other Subtitle(s) to be selectable, just like you can do in Vidcoder.
Its a bit crude what has been done in Clone and just wanted to know if that option will be on the cards.

Well you can have multiple tracks, and if you checked which one contains the forced, there is the option to 'default' a specific track to 'on'. It's not hardcoded that way but it would auto turn on.

Well you can have multiple tracks, and if you checked which one contains the forced, there is the option to 'default' a specific track to 'on'. It's not hardcoded that way but it would auto turn on.

Not a Clone fault but the problem with that method is that a lot of players don't pick up on the flag set to force a sub and ignore it and you have to select it manually, burn in is the best option for forced MKV sub but with Clone you cant mix this option.
Not a problem, Vicoder can do it, perhaps in future versions Clone will.

Thanks for replies and Happy New Year.

U dont. CloneBD only allows to trim a clip timewise. It's not possible to crop black bars if that's what you want to do. CloneBD adheres to the BD specification. Trimming bars would violate that. There's no point to either, as the bars you crop would result in a video resolution most likely NOT matching the one of your display device. End result: Display device will just add them back to fill the screen. In some cases there aren't even any bars to begin with as many movies are shot in 16:10 and TV's are 16:9, and it's the TV that's adding them in the first place.

U dont. CloneBD only allows to trim a clip timewise. It's not possible to crop black bars if that's what you want to do. CloneBD adheres to the BD specification. Trimming bars would violate that. There's no point to either, as the bars you crop would result in a video resolution most likely NOT matching the one of your display device. End result: Display device will just add them back to fill the screen. In some cases there aren't even any bars to begin with as many movies are shot in 16:10 and TV's are 16:9, and it's the TV that's adding them in the first place.

MKV does NOT conform to the BD spec full stop.
There is a great deal of an advantage to cropping in MKV which I wont go into and bore you with (in fact that's why it is available on other Programs), and the aspect ratio for display is then taken from the Hpixel by Vpixel so aspect is always correct when playing MKV.
You can however place a header command to force change the apparent aspect.
MKV is very versatile and bite rate efficient.

Great shame is not available in Clone but thanks for letting me know and save me trying to find the option, thought it was me being an idiot.

Thanks for taking time to answer, much appreciated.

Read my post again. I never said it did, I said CLONEBD adheres to the bdmv specification. MKV is nothing but a file container, the mkv's CloneBD generates are fully bd compliant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Read my post again. I never said it did, I said CLONEBD adheres to the bdmv specification. MKV is nothing but a file container, the mkv's CloneBD generates are fully bd compliant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Yes im not stupid, I know what MKV is, and it is NOT BD compliant. I never said anything about CloneBD not being compliant.
You really need to work on how you speak to customers, you help but have a bad attitude about you.

It's just the way YOU said it, made it sound like the mkv generated by clonebd wasn't, that's all. Same kind of 'bad attitude' :), none at all. You can't hear the way it would have been said IRL, through reading. Just misinterpreted, no more.

It's just the way YOU said it, made it sound like the mkv generated by clonebd wasn't, that's all. Same kind of 'bad attitude' :), none at all. You can't hear the way it would have been said IRL, through reading. Just misinterpreted, no more.

My comment wasn't just based on the way you spoke to ME.

But you are also right, text filters out all emotion behind the words.

Back