• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD to HD, then back to DVD-R later

creeper6996

I searched for "iso" in the threads and didn't find anything. I'm hoping someone can just post a url for me that explains what I wanna do.

I use to use DVD Decrypter to rip, then DVD Shrink to Shrink and I'd leave the iso on my HD and burn it later with DVD Decrypter, whenever. I have 6 kids, so to save time, I try to leave the iso's on my HD as long as possible so I don't have to rerip and reshrink, in the very likely event that the DVD will become unplayable soon. Soooooooooo, I'm loving CloneDVD so much now, that I'd like to start using it and doing all the same stuff.

The ultimate would be if I could click on "Clone DVD", have it rip/shrink/burn, and still leave the iso on the HD. If that's not possible, I'd be happy just knowing how to rip/shrink and leave the iso, and then the different steps to burn the iso to a DVD-R later.

So, whaddaya say ladies and gentlemen, can you help a bruvva?

Disclaimer, I use all the latest versions of all software, using Verbatims, blah, blah, blah, LOL.

I searched for "iso" in the threads and didn't find anything. I'm hoping someone can just post a url for me that explains what I wanna do.

I use to use DVD Decrypter to rip, then DVD Shrink to Shrink and I'd leave the iso on my HD and burn it later with DVD Decrypter, whenever. I have 6 kids, so to save time, I try to leave the iso's on my HD as long as possible so I don't have to rerip and reshrink, in the very likely event that the DVD will become unplayable soon. Soooooooooo, I'm loving CloneDVD so much now, that I'd like to start using it and doing all the same stuff.

The ultimate would be if I could click on "Clone DVD", have it rip/shrink/burn, and still leave the iso on the HD. If that's not possible, I'd be happy just knowing how to rip/shrink and leave the iso, and then the different steps to burn the iso to a DVD-R later.

So, whaddaya say ladies and gentlemen, can you help a bruvva?

Disclaimer, I use all the latest versions of all software, using Verbatims, blah, blah, blah, LOL.

I just save to an external hdd and later burn as needed by selecting write existing backup or whatever it says on clonedvd2 been a bit since I've used it but I am close here. It would still be a 2 step process but one or two less than you are currently going right now.

All you have to do is select "iso/udf image" as the output method in Clonedvd when you rip to your hard drive instead of "dvd writer".

When you want to burn, choose "Write existing data" from the main menu. On the "Source and Output Method Screen", select "Iso/udf image" as the "source", and tell Clonedvd where your .ifo was saved. Then select "dvd writer" as the output method.

Thanks Charlie and Webslinger, I'll try it out.

Happy burning!!!!!

No problem and thanks webslinger for elaborating where I seemed to of left out.

That irritates me to no end when people use of like that. It is have.

Detroitbaseball,

I have an excellent background in English (and I've marked a few English papers at the undergraduate level). I make grammatical errors frequently when I post in public forums (mostly because I'm not writing for academia). We're not submitting essays here (and your diction is confrontational . . . fairly unpleasant, actually).

If you're trying to help someone improve his or her English, perhaps the best place would not be in informal, public, technical support forums (or at least, do so in the "General" forum, and please do not be so quick to find fault with those who try to help others here).

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

Webslinger

Last edited:
Yes as I am helping on about 10 different forums so I tend to not write the exact words all the time as I do tend to get busy but try to help out everywhere. The word where should of been the word what I believe.

I am not offended either. We all make mistakes from time to time.

Webslinger/Charlie/anyone who can help.......

What's the difference between an iso/udf and ifo/vob?

And, I'm still trying to do what this thread was stating, but am not having much luck. For source, I put DVD movie files. I entered a path. For output, I put iso/udf image and entered the name of the file and the volume label. After all this, the >GO button stays ghosted. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's operator, head space, and timing, LOL. Please help.

Webslinger/Charlie/anyone who can help.......

And, I'm still trying to do what this thread was stating, but am not having much luck. For source, I put DVD movie files. I entered a path. For output, I put iso/udf image and entered the name of the file and the volume label. After all this, the >GO button stays ghosted. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it's operator, head space, and timing, LOL. Please help.

ISO/UDF is and ISO one big file, ifo/vob Would be a bunch of files within that one folder. I personally do ISO mode myself.

As for the button I assume you have AnyDVD installed too?

An Iso is a complete image of the disc. .vobs contain the video (.ifos involve disc structure). Someone else can give a more detailed definition (I don't have the time at the moment).

For output, I put iso/udf image and entered the name of the file and the volume label.

Click the circular arrows, and actually specify the location. Then click the "save" button". Then click "Go".

I still can't make it work. The >GO button is no longer ghosted, YEAH, but then I get this error.

It's saying it's unable to open file. If you teach me how to paste a screen shot into these quick posts, I'd be more than happy to.

Disclaimer, yeah, I have the latest version of anydvd running also.

I still can't make it work. The >GO button is no longer ghosted, YEAH, but then I get this error.

It's saying it's unable to open file. If you teach me how to paste a screen shot into these quick posts, I'd be more than happy to.

It may be in the manual I went to the elby site and seen this so give it a look too and see if your skipping something.

The pages in the menu on the left will guide you through a brief description of the main CloneDVD™ 2 elements.

Please read this manual first before you use CloneDVD™ 2. You will also find help for each CloneDVD™ 2 element in the Online Help while running the program.

If you want to start with CloneDVD™ 2 right away, use the Online Help while working with your new CloneDVD™ 2 program.

NOTE: All screenshots were made under Windows XP.

http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/manual/usage.html

Nevermind, I'm a schmo, I figured it out. Thanks again Charlie and Webslinger.

So, let me ask you, when I do it this way, iso to hd, then iso to dvd-r, does clonedvd shrink as it rips?

1. Have Anydvd 6.1.7.2 running.
2. Run Clonedvd. Choose "Clone dvd" from the main menu.
3. Under "dvd video files" choose the drive letter that contains the original disc only. You don't need to specify anything other than the drive letter followed by a colon. Hit enter.
4. Click "next" twice
5. Choose "Iso/udf image"
6. Click the circular arrows. Select your desktop for convenience.
7. Type "test". click "save"
8. Click "go".

Well, gee, that mighta been my problem from the beginning. I was starting out by using the "write existing data" button.

Back