• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does AnyDVD enable UHD playback on AMD Systems?

Dr.Love

AFAIK, without any other software involved, PDVD does only playback UHD titles on Intel CPU systems due to SGX Support.
I still have to downgrade my drives FW in order to try it out.
If AnyDVD bypasses ACSS during playback, is SFX still needed then?
I only have AMD CPU installed, so this is essential for me.
Otherwise I would have to rip and convert at least the container format of every UHD I'd like to watch.

AFAIK, without any other software involved, PDVD does only playback UHD titles on Intel CPU systems due to SGX Support.
I still have to downgrade my drives FW in order to try it out.
If AnyDVD bypasses ACSS during playback, is SFX still needed then?
I only have AMD CPU installed, so this is essential for me.
Otherwise I would have to rip and convert at least the container format of every UHD I'd like to watch.
Yes, If you don't use PowerDVD for playback.

Well, is there any alternative?
To read the BluRay menues etc I need PowerDVD. WinDVD died a long time ago.
Just to playback certain streams without entering the menue level MPC and alike are sufficient, yes.
This way, the so-called WAF drops near to zero.

Yeah they're called "AnyDVD Speedmenu's". Not as fancy as the original ones but they do work in most cases.

Okay.
Never used them much and I took its function for other purpose.
So MPC i.e. can open the disc then with Speedmenue on in a way as it reads DVD as well?
Great news!
Cannot try now. Just successfully downgraded the drive and now the first rip is half through.
Thanks for clarifying! (y)

No, speedmenu only applies to (uhd) bd's. DVDs aren't Blu-ray discs. There's no such thing as a 'Blu-ray DVD' before you ask.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Misunderstanding. I definitely know the difference between DVD and BluRay.
MPC is already capable of reading the DVD menue structure for years.
I ment, Speedmenue helps it to read BluRay in a similar way.
Now, when I updated MPC BE I figured, it also got capability for (unrestricted) BluRay discs or folders as well. No menues, but that's neglectable.
I guess, Speedmenue drops the restrictions, does not offer animated menues, but gives access to the streams.
Nevermind how it is done in detail: the result is satisfying for me.

Last edited:
I would try VLC, it might support UHD Blu-ray menus. It certainly supports normal Blu-ray menus.
@SamuriHL knows, if JRiver supports UHD Blu-ray menus.

Back