• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Panasonic DVD Video Recorder Discs Detected As Structurally Protected

dbminter

I don't know if you'd necessarily call this a bug. It's probably more likely related to how Panasonic DVD video recorders create their discs. There's something I've noticed with these discs and AnyDVD for a while now. Whenever AnyDVD is resident and you insert a disc created by a Panasonic DVD video recorder, AnyDVD detects structural copy protection that doesn't exist on these discs. Images and rips AnyDVD makes of these discs playback fine, but AnyDVD does say it detects nonexistent structural copy protection.

Just thought I'd pass this along. As I said, it's nothing fatal as the rips/images AnyDVD makes of these discs are fine even with the false positives detected for structural copy protection. These are false positives because I've got some Panasonic DVD video recorder discs going back to 2002 that do this, and I don't think that structural copy protection existed back then.

Thanks!

Although this is just cosmetic, can you please post a logfile of such a disc?

Sure! In fact, if you want, I can create a 1 one minute, very small, disc of such recorded content and make an ISO of it on my OneDrive. That way, you can actually examine such a disc and it would be small enough to handle.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.2.0_Info_R_DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER.ziplog
    101.6 KB · Views: 2
Sure! In fact, if you want, I can create a 1 one minute, very small, disc of such recorded content and make an ISO of it on my OneDrive. That way, you can actually examine such a disc and it would be small enough to handle.
Thanks, I see the reason which triggers the message:
Code:
.bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
This makes the disc suspicious and the AI scanner kicks in. I don't think I can change this. Either ignore it, disable AnyDVD or disable "copy protection based on ..." removal.

What exactly is the problem? I thought maybe the recorders might not be creating .BUP files for the .IFO's, but I checked the disc and they're there. They're in the VIDEO_TS directory so why is it saying the .BUP file location is wrong? Thanks!

What exactly is the problem? I thought maybe the recorders might not be creating .BUP files for the .IFO's, but I checked the disc and they're there. They're in the VIDEO_TS directory so why is it saying the .BUP file location is wrong? Thanks!
It says ".bup file location is wrong", because the (physical sector) location is wrong. E.g.:

Code:
1.13s: File /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP at 688 length 6
1.13s: File /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 656 length 18
1.13s: File /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO at 608 length 6
1.13s: Backup at 81, FS_Backup at 80
1.13s: .bup file processing disabled!

I don't use AnyDVD to image these Panasonic discs since they're not protected and there's no settings to remove that I desire from them. I just use ImgBurn to image them or just copy the VIDEO_TS folder from them in File Explorer. I was just curious as to why they were being detected as structurally protected. In case this was a possible "bug." Thanks!

Back