• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Current Supported UHD Blurays: Add Yours to Comments and they will be added to this list

Although it seems to me someone said VLC may be able to do it but not with menu support??? @Ch3vron do you know if this is true?
I did. Last time I checked it didn't play UHD menus, but this might have changed.

Vlc is al excellent video player, and a decent DVD player. But beyond that, all bets are off. I only use it for video file playback.

Ok, that's my thinking too.

I was able to play one of the playlists (main movie) ... (Using VLC)

Cool.

In full 4k resolution?

I assume that once AnyDVD HD supports my version (Amazon purchase... 4k, BR, and digital)... That I'd be able to rip it, and create a movie-only BR folder using ClownBD.

Wait, are you saying you're going to use ClownBD to convert the UHD to a standard Blu-Ray folder?

Doesn't that totally defeat the purpose of having UHD then?

Might as well just use the Blu-Ray that (usually) comes with the UHD...

Am I missing something?

I'll be replacing my main media player (for my TV) sometime next year I imagine. I assume I'd be able to find something that would play the rip.

UHD is still fairly cutting-edge. May be hard to find good alternatives to PDVD for some time.

Good luck with that.

And if you find something, please let us all know.

Thanks again for all the help guys...

No problem, guy.

T

Sorry I will be more clear.

DeUHD allowed decryption - but in trial mode you'd only get 10 minutes worth of video. I browsed the disc, found the playlists - clicked one, and it started playing. (In VLC if I recall)

I assume it was full 4k, because that was the disc in the drive. Whatever codec is required (are there two different ones?)... It seems to be installed on my PC already.

Since UHD seems to be a standard BR file structure - I was hoping to decrypt using AnyDVD HD, burn to an image, and use ClownBD to make a lossless movie-only blu-ray structure.

But I'd settle for just being able to play the movie, with or without menus.

I did. Last time I checked it didn't play UHD menus, but this might have changed.

Ah ok, James it was you.

So, I just tried playing Matrix Revolutions UHD with VLC 3.0.4 and it worked!

And worked pretty good, from what I saw in a quick 5-minute test.

It wanted to provide menu support but said I needed to load the latest Java (I have an older version of Java on that computer to support some software testing I'm doing).

So I guess UHD menu's are now available too.

Want to test this further, 'cause if VLC does a good job with UHD, may be kicking PDVD to the curb (lol)...

T

Sorry I will be more clear.

DeUHD allowed decryption - but in trial mode you'd only get 10 minutes worth of video. I browsed the disc, found the playlists - clicked one, and it started playing. (In VLC if I recall)

I assume it was full 4k, because that was the disc in the drive. Whatever codec is required (are there two different ones?)... It seems to be installed on my PC already.

Since UHD seems to be a standard BR file structure - I was hoping to decrypt using AnyDVD HD, burn to an image, and use ClownBD to make a lossless movie-only blu-ray structure.

But I'd settle for just being able to play the movie, with or without menus.

I understand now Jack.

If all you're interested in is the movie, then I really would highly recommend using CloneBD and just creating .mkv's.

You won't lose anything from the movie as you can carry over all audio tracks and subtitles and retain the original resolution.

And .mkv's are more universally compatible than the UHD blu-ray structure.

If you don't already have CloneBD, my understanding is some features are free to use. Maybe creating lossless .mkv's with Original Audio and Video is one of them?

Well, at the very least, you could try this during the trial period and see if you like the results.

But unfortunately, we are getting way off-topic for the thread.

If you want to pursue further, maybe we should open another thread for this...

T

VLC is not all that good for UHD. Use something like MPC-HC, Kodi, or J River MC. They use madvr with lav filters. J River can even play the disc with menus. Not sure about the others.

I'd probably try to get Zoom Player to open it. I own ZP Max and it is my go-to player. I'm open to others of course... Have VLC and Kodi as well.

But step 1 is getting AnyDVD to let me burn it to an image.

That'll never happen, anydvd doesn't burn anything. It only decrypts/rips (which i believe is what you mean). Burning strictly and only applies to to writing any type of data TO a blank CD/DVD/(UHD) BD.

Sorry I meant rip to an image... Or even just decrypt so something else can rip to an image.

I believe PDVD is the only software media player that even has the option to play UHD discs at this point.

I hesitate to bring this up here as I know the monkey is a touchy topic, but they have a player that plays UHD disks, iso's, mkv's etc with menus, HDR and HDR to SDR conversion , 3d support and can use gpu acceleration. It works great with every UHD disc I have and has none of the hardware restrictions PDVD has
look for D**F** Player 5 Ultra
Just FYI

Yeah, first things first.

Patience.

It may take two weeks and it may take two months.

M I Fallout is a fairly popular title, so I would guess there's a good chance it could be supported by next week.

T

It works great with every UHD disc I have and has none of the hardware restrictions PDVD has
look for D**F** Player 5 Ultra
Just FYI

Thank you - I'd probably buy it right now if I:

1) Hadn't recently purchased Zoom Player Lifetime
2) Thought that ADVDHD wouldn't eventually cover it.

Just hopefully sooner rather than later.

VLC is not all that good for UHD. Use something like MPC-HC, Kodi, or J River MC. They use madvr with lav filters. J River can even play the disc with menus. Not sure about the others.
Yup - I've tested 100's of UHD BD with JRiver Media Center and it works really well for both Menu and Title Playback (and you can set it to pick which mode you want to use). Life saver esp for picking the correct TV Eps, Alt endings, even extras (if that is your thing).

I got a number of new UHDs this week.

Had no trouble with the ones that have been around a while like IMAX Extreme Adventure, King Kong 2005 and La La Land.

Also had no trouble decrypting Mission Impossible Fallout (from Amazon), so am very happy about that.

The new ones that won't decrypt yet are Westworld Season 2 and Equalizer 2. Equalizer 2 just released this week.

(EDIT: Seems like I'm able to use other software to create backup folders for both titles, so that will have to do for now until AnyDVD supports these.)

T

Last edited:
Also had no trouble decrypting Mission Impossible Fallout (from Amazon), so am very happy about that.

Did you get the UHD, Blu-Ray, and digital copy (ASIN# B07FDN2PBM) ?

Because as of two days ago, I still couldn't rip mine to disk.

Back