• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

File IO error when ripping Game of Thrones, Season 5, Disk 4 DVD

Doomster

I wanted to rip the GoT Season 5 disks into digital format so I could play it thru Kodi.

The 4 other disks in the season ripped fine. Disk 4 had File IO errors (see attached PNG file). After the first attempted failed, I tried two more times but it always fails at this file.

What would cause a File IO error? Bad format of the DVD?

Attachments

• Game_of_Thrones.snippet.PNG
    Game_of_Thrones.snippet.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_D_GAME_OF_THRONES_S5_D4.ziplog
    124.5 KB · Views: 2
I wanted to rip the GoT Season 5 disks into digital format so I could play it thru Kodi.

The 4 other disks in the season ripped fine. Disk 4 had File IO errors (see attached PNG file). After the first attempted failed, I tried two more times but it always fails at this file.

What would cause a File IO error? Bad format of the DVD?
It is hard to believe that this title does not have any protection at all, but it doesn't show any. It is a single layer disc with no protection. Exit AnyDVD and try again without AnyDVD. If it errors without AnyDVD, it is probably a defective disc, but @James would need to say for sure. There have been some strange discs lately.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-224FB SB00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2285920 sectors (4464 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: GAME_OF_THRONES_S5_DISC4
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

It is hard to believe that this title does not have any protection at all, but it doesn't show any. It is a single layer disc with no protection. Exit AnyDVD and try again without AnyDVD. If it errors without AnyDVD, it is probably a defective disc, but @James would need to say for sure. There have been some strange discs lately.

So you want me to play the DVD on the same DVD drive on my PC but not use AnyDVD, right?

So you want me to play the DVD on the same DVD drive on my PC but not use AnyDVD, right?
Just rip it with Windows, or use whatever converter program you were using, but with AnyDVD not running.

Just rip it with Windows, or use whatever converter program you were using, but with AnyDVD not running.

The only other ripping program I have is Handbrake. I ripped the actual file (VTS_01_1.VOB) that was causing the errors in AnyDVD, using Handbrake. Handbrake converted it to an MP4 file without any problems and I was able to play the Handbrake-created MP4 file back using Windows VLC player.

I also played the actual VTS_01_1.VOB file from the DVD using VLS player and I had no problems either.

I scanned the DVD with a disk verifying software (VSO). Looks like there are some medium errors on the DVD. That is what probably caused the File IO errors by AnyDVD.

I scanned the DVD with a disk verifying software (VSO). Looks like there are some medium errors on the DVD. That is what probably caused the File IO errors by AnyDVD.
Yes, if AnyDVD says "there is a read error on this disc" it usually means, that there is a read error on the disc. ;)

Back