• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The word "code" showing up in subtitle menu?

rrose1968

This is odd and probably means nothing. However after 2-3 years of using AnyDVD and CloneDVD I don't recall seeing this. I was reading a disc earlier, which was 30 Rock Season 1 Disc 1. In the section where you check or uncheck languages, subtitles, etc... under subtitles I saw English and all...but there was a box that just said "Code".

I did a search and didn't find anything. Any idea what this may be? Thanks.

Rob

This is odd and probably means nothing. However after 2-3 years of using AnyDVD and CloneDVD I don't recall seeing this. I was reading a disc earlier, which was 30 Rock Season 1 Disc 1. In the section where you check or uncheck languages, subtitles, etc... under subtitles I saw English and all...but there was a box that just said "Code".

I've seen this before and a few other odd entries. I honestly don't specifically know what they are and haven't really tested, either. I think one had something called data, as well. I usually only remove them if they impact the quality of the rip if I am compressing to DVD-5. I haven't noticed any problems but then again I never use sub-titles unless it's a non-English movie and in that case I only keep the English sub-titles. If it won't impact the quality you might as well just leave it in.

Whatever it is, it's size is very insignificant as we know subtitles in general don't take much space, it was less than those. But like most things (for me anyway) you get use to seeing things a certain way and if something changes, it gets my attention.

Whatever it is, it's size is very insignificant as we know subtitles in general don't take much space, it was less than those. But like most things (for me anyway) you get use to seeing things a certain way and if something changes, it gets my attention.

Agreed on all points. I just never could figure out what it was but it didn't have any impact on my backups so I don't really worry about it and stopped trying to figure it out. :)

Back