• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sony DVD of "Alpha"

Frank Schabel

Does this Sony DVD have some new kind of protection? This DVD will play correctly on my DVD player But will not play correctly on either of my Blu-ray drives with any of several different software programs. In a crucial scene short sections of the file are replaced by a black screen. I ripped the DVD with ANYDVDHD and the VOB file where the error occurs plays correctly when played directly but when accessed through the IFO file the blacked out sections reappear. I have never seen this before.

Update: I ran the VOB files through Video Redo TV Suite quick stream fix and got MP2 files. They play correctly but whenever these files are entered into a DVD authoring program the blacked out sections reappear.

Anydvd doesn't convert or reauthor. If the rip plays fine in something like powerdvd, then anydvd did its job and it's not an anydvd issue.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

The rip does not play in powerDVD or any other program as I stated. The individual VOB file will play correctly but the whole DVD will not play correctly on any of several software programs and 2 separate drives just as the DVD itself will not play correctly on the computer, It does play correctly on a stand alone player, which makes me think Sony has some new protection scheme. It may not be something AnyDVD can fix, since the DVD itself will not play on the computer, but it effectively stops duplication.

Then you need to provide an anydvd logfile, without it the developers have nothing to go on and work with.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Here is log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.0.0_Info_D_ALPHA.ziplog
    143.4 KB · Views: 5
Does this Sony DVD have some new kind of protection? This DVD will play correctly on my DVD player But will not play correctly on either of my Blu-ray drives with any of several different software programs. In a crucial scene short sections of the file are replaced by a black screen. I ripped the DVD with ANYDVDHD and the VOB file where the error occurs plays correctly when played directly but when accessed through the IFO file the blacked out sections reappear. I have never seen this before.
I don't think there is a copy protection, but the code on the disc does checks the region code of the player. To check, if AnyDVD does something wrong, you can disable all related features for DVDs (Software region code, Region code scripts).
This disk seems to be mastered for regions 1, 2, 3 & 4. No need to copy, just play the disc on the PC.

After sending a query to Sony I got this response back.
"After further review and testing, we were able to confirm that the black scenes/flashes are intentional to the movie." Although this is a cryptic response, the message seems clear to me. This DVD has been engineered not to play on a computer. I suggest you go buy a copy and try and find out what they have done since if if they have achieved this, they have destroyed your business model.

After sending a query to Sony I got this response back.
"After further review and testing, we were able to confirm that the black scenes/flashes are intentional to the movie." Although this is a cryptic response, the message seems clear to me. This DVD has been engineered not to play on a computer. I suggest you go buy a copy and try and find out what they have done since if if they have achieved this, they have destroyed your business model.
Well, if they prevent playback of their DVDs on PCs, they pretty much destroy their own business model.

Back