• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corrupted VOB from Independence Day

ivanX

Translator (ru)
Hello,

I'm using the latest versions of CloneDVDMobile and AnyDVDHD and I'm trying to create a VOB file from Independence Day Special Edition DVD.

Everything is dandy and CDVDM tells me that it was done successfully but when I try to play it in Media Player Classic not only the total time displayed is incorrect (seemed to have lost almost an hour somewhere!) and jumping ahead causes a CPU overload and MPC freezes.

Yet when creating a VOB file from any other DVD there is no problem.

I'd very much appreciate some help on this please, thank you :clap:

Just tried doing a VOB passthrough again and MPC still only displays 1.21.39 and no jumping ahead. Plays in PowerDVD fine but then I can't get subs to display unless i mux them in.

Would you be kind enough peer? Thanks a bunch! :)

Since no one from Slysoft is willing to respond here, I will be emailing Slysoft instead. Shame I got no result from the forum :(

Quite likely that is the case. Not even one reply though. Nevermind, Slysoft support usually responds pretty quickly :)

...and while the support did respond quickly, they seemed to have gone completely quiet for the last 3 days which does concern me a lot. The issue remains unsolved and I am still unhappy :( If james or peer happen to stroll by, i'd appreciate some info, thanks a lot :)

Hi,

Am I banging my head against the wall here? There was no response from Slysoft representatives on this issue. Also, the support seems to be non-existent because I've been waiting for over a week for an email from them and nothing happened!:mad:

Peer, you seem to be the man for CloneDVDMobile, can you please do something? Thank you

Then wouldn't that suggest it's an MPC issue/bug?

Not necessarily. No official confirmation of that either from Slysoft. It is possible that something within that particular title is preventing CloneDVDMobile from making a correct VOB file. Who knows?

I will try another player to see if the same happens, but if it does then I believe it is obvious that is it is more to do with CloneDVDMobile/title than anything else.

EDIT:
Tried playing the VOB file in question in VLC player and it plays fine and I can skip ahead too, but the time stamp is still wrong. I think this is cause enough for concern and explanation from Slysoft :)

Last edited:
Not necessarily. No official confirmation of that either from Slysoft. It is possible that something within that particular title is preventing CloneDVDMobile from making a correct VOB file. Who knows?

I will try another player to see if the same happens, but if it does then I believe it is obvious that is it is more to do with CloneDVDMobile/title than anything else.

If anything, it is a problem with the source material.

CloneDVD mobile does not "make" the VOB file - other than the other profiles, where transcoding is being done, the VOB-passthrough mode does nothing but pass through the original VOB data unmodified while stripping off unselected streams.

In this case obviously a faulty VOB source is being copied maintaining the faults from the original.

Hence there is nothing, that CloneDVD mobile can do about it.

If anything, it is a problem with the source material.

CloneDVD mobile does not "make" the VOB file - other than the other profiles, where transcoding is being done, the VOB-passthrough mode does nothing but pass through the original VOB data unmodified while stripping off unselected streams.

In this case obviously a faulty VOB source is being copied maintaining the faults from the original.

Hence there is nothing, that CloneDVD mobile can do about it.

So would you say that it is a problem with the disc? I was able to make a good DivX backup of it though...

So would you say that it is a problem with the disc? I was able to make a good DivX backup of it though...

That is irrelevant.
As you said yourself: some players can play that VOB, some can't.
Obviously the transcoder can also handle the crap in the source material and create a fine divx file - pure luck.
This will not change that fact, that CloneDVD mobile will not bother to fix broken VOB files - it's just not its purpose.

Back