• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Grafikcard that can handle 3D isos and 4k with all HDR profiles

SD_J-I_88

Hi, which GPU is the cheapest to play 3D issuers' and 4k UHD rips with all profiles, e.g. HDR, HDR+, Dolby Vision etc.?

Backstory:

I currently own a home media center PC with a windows storage pool that contains all my movies in m2ts or ISO format. I am using VLC for 4k Playback and PowerDVD for 3D ISO playback. With Windows 10 1709 I was able to playback 3D isos with PowerDVD and the Intel i3 with UHD 630 GPU. But after the Windows 10 Update, that migrated my storage pool to a newer version so that I am not able to get access to it with an older Windows version, my Intel GPU does not play 3D isos properly.
So I bought the cheapest NVIDIA GPU to be able to play 3d Isis. But this GPU does not play 4k.

Hi, which GPU is the cheapest to play 3D issuers' and 4k UHD rips with all profiles, e.g. HDR, HDR+, Dolby Vision etc.?
DolbyVision won't work on PC Hardware.

So I bought the cheapest NVIDIA GPU to be able to play 3d Isis. But this GPU does not play 4k.
Which one did you buy? AFAIK a GT1030 should be fine for HDR & 3D playback. (HDR playback on a PC is major PITA, but this is another story...)

Hi james, all right thx :). I am currenty not owning a 4k & HDR compatible Screen or Beamer but I just want to be on the save side. So you think that PDVD will not playback DolbyVision?

Anyway thx for the information and your wonderful fox :).

Hi james, all right thx :). I am currenty not owning a 4k & HDR compatible Screen or Beamer but I just want to be on the save side. So you think that PDVD will not playback DolbyVision?
No. And it will not play anything with an Nvidia card, unless you use CloneBD to convert a disc to .mkv.
If you want to playback HDR, do yourself a favor and buy a media player. Good ones start at 40$ (chinese Amlogic S912 box, put Libre Elec on it), better ones around 120$ (OSMC Vero 4K+), really good ones with Netflix & Co. support for 200$ (Nvidia Shield), very handy, as your beamer won't have any streaming access on board. If you have a lot of money, you can get an Oppo UDP-203 (if you can find one), jailbreak it, and you have 3D and even Dolby Vision.

Back