• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD Emulation - can it emulate a UHD Drive?

I'm talking about your convo ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Oh ok. :=)

Yeah they finally admitted about Intel Graphics but not sure about SGX.

But I bet that's required too.

T

Is this an implementation thing or does the HDR standard require SGX even for content that is not encrypted?
Requiring Intel graphics is an implementation thing. I am still not convinced, SGX is required for unencrypted discs.

You tried it yourself?
Nope, but as said a few times now. There's a user here, I think it's testiles, that contacted cyberlink directly and they told him that without SGX support and onboard HDMI used : no hdr

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

... that contacted cyberlink directly and they told him that without SGX support and onboard HDMI used : no hdr
Well, asking Cyberlink regarding this matter is probably equally helpful as asking your hairdresser. Why don't you ask them, how well it will work with Virtual CloneDrive? Or AnDVD HD? What kind of answer would you expect?

Requiring Intel graphics is an implementation thing. I am still not convinced, SGX is required for unencrypted discs.
Oh alright. I thought the Intel graphics thing could be circumvented when doing a UHD rip.

Oh alright. I thought the Intel graphics thing could be circumvented when doing a UHD rip.
You can, of course, rip to a file (mkv mp4 or whatever) and use a different file player.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You can, of course, rip to a file (mkv mp4 or whatever) and use a different file player.
Yes, CloneBD is hightly recommended for this purpose. And the funny thing is, you probably can use PowerDVD for HDR playback of such a file. IIRC this even worked with NVidia graphics. No need for Intel & SGX.

Well, asking Cyberlink regarding this matter is probably equally helpful as asking your hairdresser. Why don't you ask them, how well it will work with Virtual CloneDrive? Or AnDVD HD? What kind of answer would you expect?

Before buying my latest Desktop, I asked Cyberlink if only Intel Graphics can be used with PDVD for playing UHD discs and they eventually confirmed that.

After getting the Desktop, I ran some tests and it's true.

I don't know about SGX, but PDVD would not play an unencrypted UHD .iso on any computer I have that didn't have Intel Graphics.

Conversely, for what it's worth, it let me play a UHD .iso on an i5 laptop with older Intel Graphics that was clearly not up to the task of playing UHD.

And the funny thing is, you probably can use PowerDVD for HDR playback of such a file. IIRC this even worked with NVidia graphics. No need for Intel & SGX.

Yup, you can use PDVD to play a UHD mkv with no restrictions on what graphics you have.

Even tried it on an older Win 7 Desktop with ancient graphics. The Desktop was not up to it and playback was choppy but PDVD did not block me from doing it.

T

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Yes, CloneBD is hightly recommended for this purpose. And the funny thing is, you probably can use PowerDVD for HDR playback of such a file. IIRC this even worked with NVidia graphics. No need for Intel & SGX.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Good point! So now I have suitable workaround for my setup. Rip with my UHD friendly drive and make it an mkv so I don't have to deal with SGX. Also, apparently VLC supports UHD now and I doubt that they have the SGX limitation.

Back