• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Incomplete m2t File

Jeff R 1

I wasn't sure where to put this, so I will start here.
I've been playing around with some UHD 4K discs and the only way to play anything is to point the player (MPC-HC), at the largest m2t files.
This doesn't always work, eg, the "Peanuts Movie", it starts playing about 15 minutes in ???

Of course trying to use the playlist doesn't work.

How are others creating back-ups or playing their UHD Discs ?

Wrong section, moved. Not an anydvd issue. Anydvd doesn't play discs.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

On it like fleas on a dog !! :)
Now if I can just get someone to answer my question in the same lightening fast response ! :p

(UHD) Blu-ray discs aren't meant to be played in file mode like you're doing. They're meant to be played in disc mode (by loading a playlist)

Yes, but that's the problem, after RedFox decrypts it, as well as it unofficially can, if I choose a playlist (doesn't matter which one), MPC-HC throws up "can not render this file" message.
It only works when I point it to an m2t file.

What am I missing ?

I was hoping that I could decrypt on the fly, but I guess we're not there yet.
I tried DVD Flab, man, what complicated mass of buttons and choices.... :confused:

Confusing to say the least !

Using cloneBD to convert to mkv and play in any player you wish

Jeff R 1 , what snakke said!

I was hoping that I could decrypt on the fly, but I guess we're not there yet.

AnyDVD does decrypt on the fly. It's not the problem.

If you want to play the entire UHD disc on your computer, you're going to need PowerDVD17 or better - and along with it comes a ton of computer requirements and restrictions.

That's why I think most people use CloneBD to extract the Main Movie and create an UHD .mkv file that can be played almost anywhere.

It's the closest you can get to playing the disc and not follow all of PDVD's requirements.

T

Yeah, thanks for that.
I did use CloneBD and create a mkv. file of the movie as I want use MPC-HC for a number of reasons, custom filters being one of them.

I was going to run the trial of DeUHD, but I can't because things are being blocked (so it would appear).
I can't register (I get no email) and I can't even send a message to them from their site.
Not sure what's going on there ?

I even sent a message from my inbox directly to them and I got no response ???

I was going to run the trial of DeUHD, but I can't because things are being blocked (so it would appear).
I can't register (I get no email) and I can't even send a message to them from their site.
Not sure what's going on there ?

I even sent a message from my inbox directly to them and I got no response ???

If you're going to take that route, probably best to get assistance by posting your issue on their forum. If they have one.

I don't see how this will help you though.

Afaik, De-Uhd just decrypts UHDs, which AnyDVD is already doing.

Nothing will change when you point MPC-HC to a playlist or .m2ts file and you still won't be able to play the "whole disc" without PDVD.

T

Thanks for that, if that's the case, then there is no advantage to De-UHD.

I'm not interested at all using Power DVD, I have a UHD disc player for that.

What I am interested in is using DimtriRender with MPC and tonight I watched "Incredibles II" transcribed into an mkv file.
It worked at first, but little by little the audio track fell oy of sinc with the video. :confused: :(

I don't know if it was that DR was having troubles with the transcription of the mkv file, or my gtx980 couldn't deal with it all, it not being able to natively handle H.265.

At this point I'm not prepared to spend upwards of a grand on a 1080ti to find out.

The other problem is that if I can't decrypt an UHD disc on the fly and simply click on the playlist, then this route isn't very practical _ having to wait for a good hour to transcribe the disc into an mkv file, and then having it fall out of sinc. :rolleyes:

The other thing is to buy one of the new native 4k JVC projectors where it can do frame interpolation at 4K _ looking at the NX5, but JVC was never know to have a good FR algorithm.

I'll just wait for now, maybe one day, James and company will come up with a solution where one can simply click on the playlist of an UHD and decrypt on the fly.
I can't remember the thread or even what exactly the person asked, but James said maybe by February _ something to do with UHD discs.

It shouldn't be that far off if CloneBD can already create an mkv file of the movie.
I point CloneBD to the right playlist and let it do the rest, is it so unreasonable to expect the same function for a UHD disc as a Blu-ray ?

I'll just wait for now, maybe one day, James and company will come up with a solution where one can simply click on the playlist of an UHD and decrypt on the fly.

As I mentioned before, AnyDVD does decrypt all discs on the fly.

You know, AnyDVD already does everything it should and probably ever will do with a UHD disc, which is to make it available to you on your computer via decryption.

What you do with the disc and what's on it on your computer is kind of out of the scope of AnyDVD.

I think you're looking or a new kind of Media Player that will handle UHD discs in an easier and more robust fashion.

Now, I would love it if RedFox created some type of "rogue" player that could handle UHD. So I could get away from PDVD. Immediately and with great relish! ...

But dude I wouldn't hold my breathe for that.

In fact, according to the link you posted...

Here it is here, last quote.
James didn't say what the improvements would be though, but when compared to DVD Flab's programs, CloneBD and RedFox are miles ahead.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/uhd-firmware-downgrading-tool-redfox-future.75987/#post-494327

... James seems to say that the future of AnyDVD may not involve "shiny little discs" at all.

And that's probably a good call for a future direction.

T

Here's a quote from the FAQ's at DeUHD.

"You can find the correct main playlist from DeUHD -> Settings -> Status window after the disc is decrypted, and then playback the main playlist via VLC. MPC or KMPlayer to verify it quickly".

It appears that one is able to play (or at least verify) by selecting a given play-list, right now, with out getting this error message in MPC-HC "can not render this file".
I don't think that's out of scope of RedFox.

And as far as what James seems to think about shiny discs, I don't agree with him.
The quality of streamed 4K is dreadful, way too much compression, streamed content will never reach the quality of an actual disc.
It may be OK for 70 inch flat screen, but anything bigger then that shows too many compression artifacts where it becomes unwatchable.

There are always people that keep saying that discs will become obsolete, but as long as there are videophiles around, I don't think that's going to happen.

Anydvd also mentions the playlist, IF the disc is supported. And it did so long before deuhd even existed.

Anydvd also mentions the playlist, IF the disc is supported. And it did so long before deuhd even existed.

So what you're saying is that none of the UHD 4K discs are supported, since no playlist has ever been mentioned in the status window, at least not in any of 4K discs that I have.
CloneBD lists the most probably play lists, but I still can't click on the playlist and have it work with MPC-HC.
I have to get Clone BD to put it in an MKV file and that's what I'm trying to avoid.

No, playlist are only mentioned if a disc uses screenpass, which for the moment doesn't exist on uhd BD's.

No, playlist are only mentioned if a disc uses screenpass, which for the moment doesn't exist on uhd BD's.

What Ch3vron said.

If there are "invalid" playlists, AnyDVD indicates the correct one in it's Status window.

I have not run across a UHD yet that has Screen Pass yielding invalid playlists (not that they won't in the future. But so far so good).

Your issue with not "rendering" a UHD playlist probably has nothing to do with an invalid playlist and everything to do with most applications and computers inability to correctly handle resource-intensive and notoriously-finicky UHD material.

There are always people that keep saying that discs will become obsolete, but as long as there are videophiles around, I don't think that's going to happen.

I agree.

Probably will never go away completely. But as time goes on may become a niche product.

I would think if you want to expand a company in the future or even just guarantee it's relevance, you continue to support a possible-niche product but expand elsewhere for future growth.

T

I've been communicating with DeUHD and the problem why I can't use the playlist maybe because I don't have a GTX1000 series card and above, and at this point, that's an assumption.
I tried confirming them with this and I have not heard back from them.
I'm supposed to be able to use PowerDVD 18, and it doesn't work either, just says, "disc not supported"
Doesn't matter if I use RedFox or DeUHD.
Could also be that the trial of PowerDVD doesn't work with UHD discs, weather they are protected or not.
It's very difficult to find any info on their site and where to dig for things. :confused:
It's just like anything else, the person who creates the web site knows exactly where it is, but for someone who knows nothing, it's impossible to find.

And just to note, that DeUHD is far from perfect, I tried decrypting The Peanut's Movie with it and doesn't work, not even with the m2t files, while RedFox works just fine.
DeUHD continually scans the disc where the playback is extremely choppy while all the colours are off.

EDIT:
So apparently the trial version of PowerDVD does not support UHD playback...
What's the point of trial ??? o_O :p
It's that sort of BS why I stopped using it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Things appear to work with MPC-BE, looks like the problem is that MPC-HC simply isn't updated anymore; and I guess that was bound to happen eventually since no one is really looking after it.
I can decrypt on the fly and choose the play list, in this case 0800 MPLS of the "Incredibles 2".

DeUHD suggested I try DVD Fabs Player 5, but it isn't free and I don't think there is anyway to add external filters, so that wasn't going to work.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:
Back