• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble with Disney's Peter Pan Return To Neverland

Penguin

Disney always makes it a great challenge. AnyDVD seems to have a hell of an issue with this DVD. I can rip to an image which fails with whatever I try to open it with, won't play with VLC or PowerDVD crap. Mounted with DEAMON Tools it mounts but can't play or read the files. I tried ripping it to the HDD and that also fails and only copies a few files not even the main movie.

Ideas?

cut/pasted from AnyDVD status:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.3.0.0, BDPHash.bin 18-10-04)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-211M 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1413936 sectors (2761 MBytes)
Total size: 2734049 sectors (5339 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NE20NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 12 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Logfile please: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/

A copy/paste of the status window information alone is useless. Besides that, you're not supposed to use the image ripper on DVD's. There's a reason anydvd throws a warning if you want to do so. If you must have a DVD ISO, use CloneDVD2 in combination with AnyDVD.

That said, if it's the 2002 release > biggest chance dirty/defective title
If 2013 deluxe release > still biggest chance to be dirty/defective

You also say it "fails" but you don't provide the error message.

So please try again.

Logfile please: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/

A copy/paste of the status window information alone is useless. Besides that, you're not supposed to use the image ripper on DVD's. There's a reason anydvd throws a warning if you want to do so. If you must have a DVD ISO, use CloneDVD2 in combination with AnyDVD.

So please try again.

ok, I will get the log an relevant information.

So please try again.

Title: - Peter Pan In Return To Neverland - Pixie-Powered Edition (could not find a date on the actual DVD or the case)

I was unable to "rip video disc to hard disk" using AnyDVD at first. Trying now after super cleaning the DVD. Seems to be working. If it fails, I will post a log. I thought the DVD was clean, apparently not. It had detected a number of bad sector protection issues which it seems were false.

I've been using the rip to image feature without issues for a while now. Rip to image, mount image, use files off the mounted image for faster access. Usually encoding the main movies and features into MP4 files for archiving. I never burn the ISOs or use them in any other way. DVD/BD to MP4 is my goal. It is often required to have AnyDVD working for the mounted drive, but other than that, this is my first issue with that feature. This is used in conjunction with DVD Shrink 3.2 when "rip video disc to hard disk" is used.

I will consider purchasing CloneBD or CloneDVD.... I guess you need both seperately for DVDs and Blu-rays? CloneBD doesn't work with DVDs too does it? I really do not have a need for the ISOs as I am not re-burning them onto discs.

EDIT: I ripped the video disc to hard disk then encoded to ISO with DVDShink and can now encode the movie into MP4.

Thank you for your patience Chevron. Log files attached for the hell of it. Turns out it was the obvious cause as it usually is. First time for everything after several years with AnyDVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.3.0.0_Info_D_NE20NNW1.ziplog
    387.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.3.0.0_Info_E_RETURN_TO_NEVERLAND.ziplog
    366.7 KB · Views: 4
Title: - Peter Pan In Return To Neverland - Pixie-Powered Edition (could not find a date on the actual DVD or the case)

I was unable to "rip video disc to hard disk" using AnyDVD at first. Trying now after super cleaning the DVD. Seems to be working. If it fails, I will post a log. I thought the DVD was clean, apparently not. It had detected a number of bad sector protection issues which it seems were false.

I've been using the rip to image feature without issues for a while now. Rip to image, mount image, use files off the mounted image for faster access. Usually encoding the main movies and features into MP4 files for archiving. I never burn the ISOs or use them in any other way. DVD/BD to MP4 is my goal. It is often required to have AnyDVD working for the mounted drive, but other than that, this is my first issue with that feature. This is used in conjunction with DVD Shrink 3.2 when "rip video disc to hard disk" is used.

I will consider purchasing CloneBD or CloneDVD.... I guess you need both seperately for DVDs and Blu-rays? CloneBD doesn't work with DVDs too does it? I really do not have a need for the ISOs as I am not re-burning them onto discs.

EDIT: I ripped the video disc to hard disk then encoded to ISO with DVDShink and can now encode the movie into MP4.

Thank you for your patience Chevron. Log files attached for the hell of it. Turns out it was the obvious cause as it usually is. First time for everything after several years with AnyDVD.
You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for these discs.

Back