• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone Bd slowed Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Reto!

I just got a successful burn, I enclose BD log if it is of help. Definitely things are better since I downloaded CBD with Chrome.
I will try adjusting drivers as per AMD new instructions, and let you know if I am succesful.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.3.0.COLD_WATER.cbdlog
    410.9 KB · Views: 1
Reto:
My AMD seems up to date. Here is technical info for your associate, if it helps. I am experimenting with copying and burning now.

Radeon Software Version - 18.10.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics
Memory Size - 512 MB
Memory Type - DDR4
Core Clock - 686 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.1017.1354.25035
Driver Packaging Version - 18.40.03.01-181017a-334715E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01363
OpenGL® Version - 24.20.11000.13541
OpenCL™ Version - 25.20.14003.1012
AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0282
AMD Mantle API Version - Not Available
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.7
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.55
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.82

UPDATE: Reto I just completed another successful copy/burn. I think the improvement really has something to do with the re-install of CBD with Chrome which I did after the AMD driver upgrade. Prior I was getting read errors on every copy attempt.

I am not sure what you mean about "compression"? If the source size is well under 50, usually CBD does not seem to compress. If close to,or even over, 50GB, the scale shows that it is being lowered and then compression comes into play?
A blu-Ray of, say 40 GB, would not be compressed? In any case here is a log of recent burn.

I will try something higher GB to see if compression comes on.

Does this CloneBD log look normal now?

Thanks

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.3.0.DRAGON_INN.cbdlog
    467.1 KB · Views: 1
The old AMD driver ignored the output bitrate and some generated images were too large to be burned on a single BD-R. Let me know if the driver update fixes the issue.

I think the improvement really has something to do with the re-install of CBD with Chrome which I did after the AMD driver upgrade
I am nearly absolutely sure (that is >99%), that those re-installs can't have changed anything by themselves.
CloneBD does not, like many other applications, depend on hundreds of external DLLs with varying versions, etc...
So a certain version of CloneBD will always behave the same, no matter how often you reinstall it.
And Chrome - I can't think of a way in which Chrome would influence CloneBD at all, they have nothing in common.

It's most likely a coincidence.

I am not sure what you mean about "compression"? If the source size is well under 50, usually CBD does not seem to compress. If close to,or even over, 50GB, the scale shows that it is being lowered and then compression comes into play?
A blu-Ray of, say 40 GB, would not be compressed? In any case here is a log of recent burn.

During the encoding process, CloneBD tells you in the bottom area of the screen whether it's compressing or not.

It's also shown right before on the output page:

Here I preselected "BD-R DL", but the input disc is too large, so CloneBD has to compress.

t1.png

In the following case I manually set the "Resulting size" slider to maximum, so CloneBD indicates "no compression".
But it will also not fit on to a BD-R DL disc, which only has roughly 48GB of space.

t2.png

That's the major difference for you. "No compression" means, that your AMD card is not required for compression, so it will work.
The other case DOES try to compress using hardware acceleration.
It is possible, that your specific AMD card can't handle the AVC codec, someone from Elby should maybe confirm or deny that.
Then you'll have to disable hardware acceleration (and live with very slow transcoding) or grant yourself a newer, more powerful graphics card. In that case I would suggest abandoning AMD in favour of an nVidia GTX 10xx card - AMD is rubbish for video encoding.

AMD verified my driver is latest update.
Clone BD now seems to be fine: I’ve copied then direct to burn 5-6 blurays of various sizes, inc some that are being compressed. All successful.

Verbatim 50GB bdrl 6x and I’m burning at 4x instead of 6x now

My old PC seemed to determine automatically when to compress, as I never even knew the hardware acceleration settings existed.

Only small issue now is that CBD doesn’t seem to be able to play Blu rays, the screen comes up ok, but Blu Ray doesn’t start. Not a big issue as I never watch on pc.

Otherwise thanks to everyone!
My first time using this forum and really appreciate it. Hope this helps others who buy a new HP PC! Update that driver!

I have other minor problems and questions but will use other threads.

My old PC seemed to determine automatically when to compress, as I never even knew the hardware acceleration settings existed.
Hmm, I'm still sensing a lot of miscomprehension.

Your "PC" doesn't determine when to compress, CloneBD does. And it did that on your old PC just the same way as it does now.
The hardware acceleration settings - normally you don't have to know about them, that happens in an entirely transparent manner.

The thing is: CloneBD will compress just fine without hardware acceleration, if either no acceleration hardware is present or you switched off hardware acceleration in CloneBD's settings.
The process of compressing will work just as well without hardware acceleration, only substantially slower.

Are you sure, that compression really works now with hardware acceleration on? Or is the acceleration just turned off?
Because a developer pointed out, that your AVM graphics card might be too old and maybe it wouldn't work no matter what driver version.

Only small issue now is that CBD doesn’t seem to be able to play Blu rays, the screen comes up ok, but Blu Ray doesn’t start. Not a big issue as I never watch on pc.
I'm not entirely sure, what you mean by that. I assume you mean the Preview player.
That may also be the non-working hardware acceleration.

CloneBD settings -> video: go ahead and turn off hw acceleration, does the preview player work then? In that you should leave hardware acceleration switched off for good, it simply doesn't work with that graphics card.

Hi Pete: sorry, what I meant was that the graphics card in my old PC must have been different since compression was never a problem.

Now I’ve only been copying discs 45GB or less, and have not seen any compression kick in; no “drop” in GB on slider, but excellent copying and burning speeds.

I will double check this but I DID try Hellboy (48GB) with Hardware acceleration OFF and got 9 FPS; with it ON got 50 plus. I will retry in a couple hours to see if there was compression, and also the preview issue

Ok Pete, yes you are correct.

With a 48 GB disc, there is compression - both with Hardware acceleration ON and OFF.
However with it OFF the copy speed is 9 FPS, ON its 50 plus.

The preview does not work with HA ON or OFF. Page comes up but when I hit play, it tries to start then just says Clone BD not responding. Not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back