• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Early Films of Olivier Assayas (Arrow Academy, Region B) does not play

kmhfmnn

Hi, I'm seeing a malfunction for the Region B Arrow Academy disc of 'The Early Films of Olivier Assayas'.

With AnyDVD enabled:
PowerDVD 17 or VLC cannot play the disc. For example, PowerDVD lets the disc spin a few times, the screen goes black for a few seconds, but then it returns to the PowerDVD disc selection screen (where it asks to resume or to restart). Similar with VLC.

Without AnyDVD enabled:
The disc plays without issues on a drive set to region B.

Logfile is attached.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.9.0_Info_H_OLIVIER ASSAYAS_2CC1DABC_94FE46F2.ziplog
    170.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi, I'm seeing a malfunction for the Region B Arrow Academy disc of 'The Early Films of Olivier Assayas'.

With AnyDVD enabled:
PowerDVD 17 or VLC cannot play the disc. For example, PowerDVD lets the disc spin a few times, the screen goes black for a few seconds, but then it returns to the PowerDVD disc selection screen (where it asks to resume or to restart). Similar with VLC.

Without AnyDVD enabled:
The disc plays without issues on a drive set to region B.

Logfile is attached.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Please set AnyDVD to region "B" for this disc. Or disable region lock removal (default).

Thanks for the hint! It seems I was wrong; PowerDVD actually tells me my drive is set to Region A (I never ever modified or set anything here, so I'm paying little attention to the actual setting.)

Here's the weird thing:
I then had a closer look at what AnyDVD reports: AnyDVD also thinks the disk is compatible with regions A and C, but not B; see attached screenshot.
So, when I set AnyDVD to region A in the dialog that appears when entering the disc, it will play just fine. Also saving as an image works then, with the region code subsequently removed. I can open the image in, say, PowerDVD or VLC out of the box.

However, this is a UK disc, which should really be region B, and has a region B sign printed on it. Not sure if this a blatant manufacturing error?! I didn't find any complaints online...

Attachments

• oa.png
    oa.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 7
Back