• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Skyscraper rebuilds for an hour, then fails

Mr Teeney

Trying to rip Skyscraper, errors out about 38%, tried beta release, same thing...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.9.1_Info_D_SKYSCRAPER.ziplog
    166.3 KB · Views: 7
Erroring out with PS 10 in CloneDVD also.

Attachments

• skyscraper.zip
    169.9 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.2.9.1_Info_E_SKYSCRAPER.zip
    154.7 KB · Views: 3
Erroring out with PS 10 in CloneDVD also.
Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.9.1, BDPHash.bin 18-10-04)

MSFT VIRTUAL DVD-ROM 1.0
I am confused. This certainly will not work. Are you trying to backup a protected image?

AnyDVD failed reading the original disc, so I created an ISO through AnyDVD (which took over three hours), thinking there might be disc damage or my DVD drive is failing. Used the ISO image for the secondary AnyDVD rip and the Clone DVD logs.

No one has answered this and in my humble opinion you should not create an iso of a dvd with anydvd. You can rip to hard drive and since you have clonedvd you can use that to copy to hard drive. Then if you need an iso you can use imgburn a free program. You may have a bad disk. I backed up this movie with no problems using clonedvd and anydvd.

No one has answered this and in my humble opinion you should not create an iso of a dvd with anydvd.
Yes, I agree. CloneDVD2 is the tool to use.

You can rip to hard drive and since you have clonedvd you can use that to copy to hard drive. Then if you need an iso you can use imgburn a free program.
CloneDVD2 creates wonderful isos, too.

You may have a bad disk.
I believe so, too.

Yes, I agree. CloneDVD2 is the tool to use.

CloneDVD2 creates wonderful isos, too.

I believe so, too.

Any reason not to use CloneCD to create a .iso from a dvd?

Some dvds include content other than just a VIDEO_TS folder

CloneCD copies everything that is on the original dvd

Clonedvd2 copies just the VIDEO_TS folder from dvds that include additional content.

At least, in any case you should use CloneDVD when the copy to ISO with AnyDVD alone (<=without CloneDVD) makes issues, and you still need time to test this, too when copy finshed.

I've bought a few CloneDVD licenses, to support the CLoneDVD project, too. I know it might appear strange, I've used CloneDVD2 only in rare cases to make ISO from DVD.
I've used AnyDVD alone or together with ImgBurn for DVDs copied to ISO, so far no real bad side effects.

The reason I use AnyDVD mostly alone, because read s.th. about bug with CloneDVD2 in the past, but most probably alreday resolved of course. I want to minimice the risk by avoiding to use an additional 2nd application together.

But I'd guess maybe some old bugs resolved in CloneDVD2 happened because removing some titles/chapters, some language/s or advertisment trailers from the DVD.
In any case a "full" ISO dump with CloneDVD will have fewest risk, compared to removing some of those parts on DVD.

And if the DVD has structural copy protection, there could be issues when using AnyDVD alone (or ImgBurn+AnyDVD) - CloneDVD2 removes that kind of protection.
Though tested just 3-4 DVD-discs with structural copy protection without CloneDVD, so far using AnyDVD or AnyDVD+ImgBurn worked OK on computer.
Can't say what would be the result with standalone players.

Still DVD-ROMs have that structural thing not removed, too, and so far didn't hear about issues on players.

If you want to process movie further you will have to rerip the ISO to remove structural copy protection anyway, for that reason it's most probably smarter using CloneDVD2 in the first place.

Last edited:
Back