• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with the La Otra Conquista DVD

Doomster

When AnyDVD ripped this DVD (La Otra Conquista), it warned me that it couldn't crack all the CSS keys and would guess some some of them.

The DVD was ripped as a directory.

I tried playing the ripped contents back using Kodi on Amazon Fire.

As soon as Kodi tried to play the VIDEO_TS file, it hangs and then aborts (the Kodi app stops playing and I'm back to the Amazon Fire menu).

I scanned the DVD and attached the ziplog file. Did AnyDVD create an incomplete .VOB file that causes Kodi to abort?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_D_LA_OTRA_CONQUISTA.ziplog
    180.7 KB · Views: 3
No, the problem is that your drive has region 2 assigned and it's a region 1 disc. Due to the region mismatch anydvd has to brute force crack the CSS, which doesn't always work.

Do you have a 2nd drive in your system? If so, I'd set that one to region 1 and use that exclusively for your import discs.

Changing the region of the drive to region 1 likely isn't an option, because then you'd have the same possible issue with your region 2 discs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Ch3vr0n,
I will change the region but I have a problem. The DVD SATA drive on my PC is a Samsung. It only allows me to change the region 5 times. I've already changed it twice so I have 3 changes left.

Maybe I need to get another DVD drive for my PC.

5 changes has nothing to do with the brand. That's an industry standard. EVERY drive only has 5 changes, which is why I said it likely wasn't an option to change the region. The best and cheapest option is perhaps to get an external one, set that to region 1, and only pull it out when you need to.

Once you've used up your 5 changes, the region is locked permanently.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Ch3vr0n,
I tried re-ripping the La Otra Conquista DVd after I had changed the DVD drive's region to Region 1.

The DVD rip still doesn't work - Kodi aborts when it tries to read the VIDEO_TS file. Scan (in Region 1) attached.

Are there some DVDs that AnyDVD cannot rip because of the CSS codes?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Region1_LA_OTRA_CONQUISTA.ziplog
    180.6 KB · Views: 2
Ch3vr0n,
I tried re-ripping the La Otra Conquista DVd after I had changed the DVD drive's region to Region 1.

The DVD rip still doesn't work - Kodi aborts when it tries to read the VIDEO_TS file. Scan (in Region 1) attached.

Are there some DVDs that AnyDVD cannot rip because of the CSS codes?
The drive is set to Region 2. You must EXIT AnyDVD to check or set the drive region.
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-224FB SB00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: DVD-ROM

The drive is set to Region 2. You must EXIT AnyDVD to check or set the drive region.

mmdavis,

I exited AnyDVD, then restarted it. AnyDVD still shows the DVD player as Region 2, even though Windows 7's Device Manager shows the DVD as set to Region 1. Do I have to restart my PC to get AnyDVD to see the DVD as set to Region 1?

If you think you've set the region, new logfile

Ch3vr0n,
You did not change the drive region.
Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

mmdavis,

I exited AnyDVD, then restarted it. AnyDVD still shows the DVD player as Region 2, even though Windows 7's Device Manager shows the DVD as set to Region 1. Do I have to restart my PC to get AnyDVD to see the DVD as set to Region 1?
As I stated previously, you MUST EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the region. Not Exit, then restart, then check. Check with AnyDVD not running.

Back