• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Issues

Iamfaithful

Hi,

Sound kept being blocked using the new version of AnyDVD 8.2.9.0 so I tried to go back to the older version 8.2.8.0. I hope this works but does anyone have any suggestions if it does not?

I tried with version 8.2.8.0 and 8.29.0 and it still removes the sound saying:

Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this device. For more information, see http://www.cinavia.com. Message Code 3

Can anyone help with this? The movie is Tyler Perry's Acrimony.

Thanks

I am playing it on a:

Samsung BD-J5900 Curved 3D Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi (2015 Model)

I am playing it on a:

You posted in the DVD section of the forums. AnyDVD does not remove Cinavia from DVD backups.

Are you actually talking about a DVD backup or a Blu-ray backup?

I am playing it on a:

Any licensed Blu-ray disc hardware/software player made or licensed since February of 2012 is required to check for Cinavia. Please see this link for more info. If you make a backup or MKV of your movie/TV show/etc. that has Cinavia in it, the player will mute the audio after about 20 minutes or so.

And, like DrinkLyeAndDie asked, are you using a DVD backup or a Blu-ray backup??

I used Clone DVD made a copy so I can watch and keep the copy and honestly this is the first movie I have been unable to watch so I was not even familiar with what Cinavia is. So you are telling me that I will be unable to make copies of any DVDs with that have Cinavia? Or is there some sort of other option?

Thanks for the help.

I used Clone DVD made a copy so I can watch and keep the copy and honestly this is the first movie I have been unable to watch so I was not even familiar with what Cinavia is. So you are telling me that I will be unable to make copies of any DVDs with that have Cinavia? Or is there some sort of other option?

Thanks for the help.
If you just play them on any non-licensed Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) hardware/software player, then you won't have to worry at all about Cinavia.

Technically, I don't worry about Cinavia, since AnyDVD HD blocks the check for Cinavia on my both my PC and 2 laptops that have PowerDVD Ultra 17 (I also have Ultra versions 12 through 16, but I rarely use them now.)

Also, just about any regular DVD player outside of your hardware player will play your back-up. Your Samsung player is a licensed BDA player, hence it has to check for Cinavia.

Cinavia isn't in the official specifications for DVD, so regular DVD players don't have to check for Cinavia.

Do they make a DVD player you can use with your TV without your computer that is not licensed?

Thanks for the help.

If you play your DVD backups that have cinavia on that specific player yes. AnyDVD's cinavia removal function only works either with CloneBD (for blu-rays) or software players (to patch them not to detect it)

Do they make a DVD player you can use with your TV without your computer that is not licensed?

ANY brand new DVD ONLY PLAYER will NOT detect cinavia, as it's not a part of the DVD standard and thus not required to detect it. That being said, i'd still avoid SONY players as they are one of the main backers behind this annoying technology.

Code:
https://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/home-entertainment/best-standard-dvd-players/

Going by that link they can go as cheap as under $30

The important thing here is that you get a model that ONLY plays CD/DVD, if it plays BD's it WILL detect cinavia and mute the audio

I think that they do. Like I said, Cinavia isn't an official part of the DVD standard, like Cinavia is for Blu-ray discs.

I would Google for some of what you're looking for. They are plentiful and easy to find.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Ch3vr0n stated more of what I needed to add.

Thanks, Ch3vr0n.

:)

I Just got that one, its the only one that will at least do 1080p. The ones I would prefer are much much more so this will due for now.

Thanks much everyone

I have three of these, they do NOT detect Cinavia (notwithstanding the bias that Ch3vr0n has), upconvert to 1080 and work very well.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-dvd-player-with-hd-upconversion-black/4790739.p?skuId=4790739
It's not a bias, it's being cautious. Since they're the main backers behind it, I wouldn't be surprised that some players do have the hardware to detect it and later enable it via a firmware update (like they did with the PS2 I think it was). That's all.

Hi,

Sound kept being blocked using the new version of AnyDVD 8.2.9.0 so I tried to go back to the older version 8.2.8.0. I hope this works but does anyone have any suggestions if it does not?
R U using Powerdvd? if so going back to the one previous ver. of PDVD will do. It did happen to me 2.

Last edited:
R U using Powerdvd? if so going back to the one previous ver. of PDVD will do. It did happen to me 2.
No he's not, read post 4. That said if cinavia blocking doesn't work for you with a certain powerdvd version, you need to provide an anydvd logfile. How can you expect anydvd to support an unsupported build, if you don't report it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Back