• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Almost a "BDShrink" but not quite

SSoft88

Long time AnyDVD HD user and now trying to find a program that has the same features for Blu-ray as DVDShrink had for DVD. BDClone is pretty close but has a couple of quirks I want to avoid.

I'm hoping to...
Re-author a BD to an ISO.
Be able to trim the main movie.
Remux (raw copy) main movie only - no extras, menus, etc.
Remux (raw copy) multiple audio and subtitle streams.
Set default/forced audio and subtitle streams of my choosing.
No menu - yes, I've found the "play immediately" check box but would prefer no menu at all.

BDClone seems to be able to set default audio and subtitle streams but no no-menu option and insists on transcoding instead remuxing.

VSO Blu-ray Converter can do all except setting default/forced audio and subtitle streams.
DVDFab Blu-ray Copy can do all except trimming.

If I could only pick the best features of all three, it would be perfect!!

Has anyone else had any success with this or similar?

Last edited:
Definitely recommend checking the tutorial. Upon reading the wish list I was left confused because some if not all of what is wanted is already present in CloneBD. I believe all of it is but I really don't make extensive use of CloneBD so I haven't made use of all those things.

Thanks for the replies and, yes, I had checked the tutorials before posting. CloneBD is actually one of the better UI's and fairly straight forward - which, I think, is what the dev's were intending.

While, having a no menu (at all) option would be my preference, if it were the only quirk I might live with it in hope it's added as a future option.

But the, seemingly, unnecessary transcoding is a deal-breaker. When doing the same task with VSO or DVDFab the CPU needle doesn't move but with BDClone much higher and slower activity which, I'm guessing, means it can't just be remuxing/copying.

A shame as I would prefer to use BDClone... but how likely is it the dev's will update it to enable raw remuxing...

Thanks for the replies and, yes, I had checked the tutorials before posting. CloneBD is actually one of the better UI's and fairly straight forward - which, I think, is what the dev's were intending.

While, having a no menu (at all) option would be my preference, if it were the only quirk I might live with it in hope it's added as a future option.

But the, seemingly, unnecessary transcoding is a deal-breaker. When doing the same task with VSO or DVDFab the CPU needle doesn't move but with BDClone much higher and slower activity which, I'm guessing, means it can't just be remuxing/copying.

A shame as I would prefer to use BDClone... but how likely is it the dev's will update it to enable raw remuxing...

Where do you see a transcoding happening?

To which CPU needle do you refer to?

I tested it just now and it works as intended.
Below setting chosen for no recompression.

Capture01.JPG

Once it starts copying (in this example from a BD Drive) the CPU usage goes slightly up which is totally normal.

Capture02.JPG

If however the compression gets switched on, the CPU usage will increase dramatically as shown below.

Capture03.JPG

Below same test with VSO product same source, also no compression main movie only.
From the task manager.

CaptureVSO.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks tectpro

Yes, I'm pretty sure I have the same settings and I see the message "The current video is being copied without being transcoded" but my CPU usage still hits about 70%... pic attached...

When I try the same with the VSO product, CPU usage barely registers.

Any ideas why my CPU usage varies wildly, even though in both tests they're not transcoding. Whereas, your comparison tests show similar CPU usage.... o_O

Attachments

• BDClone.PNG
    BDClone.PNG
    600.2 KB · Views: 20
@SSoft88

From where to where do you copy?
- BDDrive to HDD
- HDD to the same HDD
- HDD to other HDD

Could you attach a CloneBD Logfile?

Copying from an ISO file on HDD1 to ISO file on HDD2

CloneBD logfile attached...

Thanks

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.3.0.SHORT PEACE 4.cbdlog
    278.1 KB · Views: 2
@tectpro

Screenshots and log from my latest test...

Attachments

• CloneBD 1.PNG
    CloneBD 1.PNG
    289.4 KB · Views: 12
  • CloneBD 2.PNG
    CloneBD 2.PNG
    597.3 KB · Views: 15
  • CloneBD CPU 1.PNG
    CloneBD CPU 1.PNG
    29.8 KB · Views: 17
  • CloneBD CPU 2.PNG
    CloneBD CPU 2.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 15
  • CloneBD.1.2.3.0.SHORT PEACE.cbdlog
    351.9 KB · Views: 3
There's an issue where for some occasion Clonebd doesn't count its own 'drones' under the processes and thus the cpu load graph is 'off'

We are investigating the issue why the CPU usage is extremely high for lossless transfer... I will get back to you.

We are investigating the issue why the CPU usage is extremely high for lossless transfer... I will get back to you.
Just wondering/hoping if you've had any success in determining why the CPU usage is high...?
Thanks.

I have changed a few things, from the looks of it there is an issue with the internal preview player (as progress indication during the transcode) that is used too often even if it's invisible.

I have changed a few things, from the looks of it there is an issue with the internal preview player (as progress indication during the transcode) that is used too often even if it's invisible.
Thanks Fabian.

... just so I'm not misunderstanding. When you say "... even if it's invisible", does this mean even though I have the preview disabled during copy/transcode it seems to be the cause of the high CPU usage?

Back