• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Are constant fails common?

KSP797

During the last 6 months less than half of the backups I make are playable.
I have used AnyDVD since 2004.
I have tried copying with CloneDVD2, WinX DVD Copy Pro, Cyberlink, CDBurner XP and a few more and still most DVD's are not playable.

I am not new to this. Just for curiosity are others out there seeing more and more DVDs released lately that can not be copied by AnyDVDHD. I am using the newest version and on 3 PC's 2 that I have used for 5 years and they never had a problem until just recently.

Just want to know what others are experiencing out there with copy/backup issues.

Thanks

What brand of blank DVDs are you buying/using? Using inferior blanks is the most common reason for over-time failures.

Your PC drive(s) you use for burning could also be slowly dying. I have had back-ups that fail over time from a drive that has been used a lot, yet hasn't died.

During the last 6 months less than half of the backups I make are playable.
I have used AnyDVD since 2004.
I have tried copying with CloneDVD2, WinX DVD Copy Pro, Cyberlink, CDBurner XP and a few more and still most DVD's are not playable.

I am not new to this. Just for curiosity are others out there seeing more and more DVDs released lately that can not be copied by AnyDVDHD. I am using the newest version and on 3 PC's 2 that I have used for 5 years and they never had a problem until just recently.

Just want to know what others are experiencing out there with copy/backup issues.

Thanks
If you are using bad blanks, yes. I have DVDs that I copied 15 years ago that still work just fine. They are on Taiyo Yuden blanks though.

Not an anydvd issue, moved. Anydvd doesn't burn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

What brand of blank DVDs are you buying/using? Using inferior blanks is the most common reason for over-time failures.

Your PC drive(s) you use for burning could also be slowly dying. I have had back-ups that fail over time from a drive that has been used a lot, yet hasn't died.

Western Digital Blue in Laptop HP17 2.4Ghz Intel i3 and Western Digital Black in Desktop HP500 3.2 Ghz Intel i5

DVD's - Memorex Single Sided and DL & Verbatim DL are the only brands I have used for several years now at least since 2012 maybe much earlier.

For the sake of narrowing down my problem I will try at least two other brand blank DVD's and also maybe a new Hard drive even though both my HD's were upgraded early 2017. This may at least tell me more than what I know now. Probably it is time to upgrade my DVD Burner, that should tell me more also. That will be my next step thanks!

Last edited:
If you are using bad blanks, yes. I have DVDs that I copied 15 years ago that still work just fine. They are on Taiyo Yuden blanks though.

DVD's - Memorex Single Sided and DL & Verbatim DL are the only brands I have used for several years now at least since 2012 maybe much earlier.
Many years ago mid 2000's I used mostly Sony and Maxell which all still play fine today.

For the sake of narrowing down my problem I will try at least two other brand blank DVD's and also maybe a new Hard drive even though both my HD's were upgraded early 2017. This may at least tell me more than what I know now. Probably is time to upgrade my DVD Burner that will be my next step! Thanks!

Last edited:
Not an anydvd issue, moved. Anydvd doesn't burn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I see your point. I am just suspecting the problem may not be my burners and may be in fact the ANYDVDHD decryption failing without notice? I do not mean to offend.

Many years ago mid 2000's I used mostly Sony and Maxell which all still play fine today.

For the sake of narrowing down my problem I will try at least two other brand blank DVD's and also maybe a new Hard drive even though both my HD's were upgraded early 2017. This may at least tell me more than what I know now. Probably is time to upgrade my DVD Burner that will be my next step! Thanks!
Memorex blanks are pretty much the worst of the worst. I tried them once upon a time and had a 30% fail rate right after burning. Went up to 50% after 6 months. Burning too fast also causes failures. I used TY and could burn at max speed, just never went over 8x. Never had a failure and there isn't that much difference in time.

Memorex blanks are pretty much the worst of the worst. I tried them once upon a time and had a 30% fail rate right after burning. Went up to 50% after 6 months. Burning too fast also causes failures. I used TY and could burn at max speed, just never went over 8x. Never had a failure and there isn't that much difference in time.
Thanks for the info. I pulled out my external LG Multi-Drive and suddenly many of the DVD's that failed to backup with ANYDVDHD are now backing up. Therefore I am concluding my HP internal burner (not software) is the primary culprit. Although there are a few discs I have that still do not back up being Hitman's Bodyguard, A Quiet Place, Oceans 8. I plan to use another brand of Blank DVD's on these movies. I looked up TY on AMazon and did not find that brand tonight any idea who sells them online?

Turns out your right! I broke out my external LG multi-drive and most movies were backing up and playing properly. I still have a few: Hitman's Bodyguard, A Quiet Place, Ocean's 8 that still do not back up so I am going to try another brand. I only have verbatim DVD+R DL left and they failed with error via direct backup to disc and ISO to disc so another brand might do the trick. So far I have a list of 15 movies over the last 6 months that failed and now burn properly with the LG Burner but I may still have an issue with blank DVD brand on these last few. But obviously even though I showed no error just failed playback my HP internal burner must be dying a slow death. LOL! Thanks for the advice!

Back