• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Flame Trees of Thika: Unable to crack CSS Keys

Kirben

I get a 'AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!' message for both discs of 'The Flame Trees of Thika' released in Australia. The fourth episode on disc 1 is glitched, and all episodes on disc 2 are glitched, so the CSS cracking failures seem to be on the actual episodes.

Could this be an AnyDVD issue? or are the discs most likely faulty?

I'm using AnyDVD 8.2.7.1. on Windows 7 SP1 (x64), and I have attached log files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.1_Info_D_FLAMETREE_DISC1.ziplog
    461.1 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_8.2.7.1_Info_D_FLAME_TREES_OF_THIKA02.ziplog
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 3
The problem here is the region mismatch. (Drive region 1 vs disc region 4) because of it, anydvd must apply a brute Force cracking method and this seems to be failing. Do you have a 2nd drive in the system?

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't have any drives, which are set to Region 4 at the moment. I usually buy discs from overseas, so the only other drive is set to Region 2.

Do you get many R2 discs? If you do, perhaps then invest in a cheap external drive and set that one to R4

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Buying another drive isn't an option right now.

Can't the brute force cracking method be improved? I thought it could only possibility fail on short segments.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.3_Info_D_FLAMETREE_DISC1.ziplog
    461.4 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_8.2.7.3_Info_D_FLAME_TREES_OF_THIKA02.ziplog
    1,012 KB · Views: 0
The shorter the clips, the higher the chance of failure, but that doesn't mean it can't fail on sufficiently long clips either. As to the improvement, I don't know. That's for @James to say

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Any chance of a reply from developers? is there any other way to crack the CSS keys in these cases? is there any other separate program that can be used to help identify the CSS keys?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.8.0_Info_D_FLAMETREE_DISC1.ziplog
    462.4 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_8.2.8.0_Info_D_FLAME_TREES_OF_THIKA02.ziplog
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 0
Any chance of a reply from developers? is there any other way to crack the CSS keys in these cases? is there any other separate program that can be used to help identify the CSS keys?
You could try DVD Decrypter, but I doubt, it will help.
Or visit a friend with a matching region DVD drive, and extract the keys to an USB stick (e-mail, ...)

Back