• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Hi, I've following this thread a couple days. I'm trying to make lg BU40N/Buffalo uhd friendly and i'm trying to see if anyone has succesfully convert it.
I saw and tried the test.bin from here and tried eeprom_Data_mover but no luck. i upload the dump file from dosflash, if teddyraspin can help me. thanks

Attachments

• bu40n102dump.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
No he can't, as has been stated a few times now. He no longer modifies firmwares. You either need to use the guide, out hope someone else will do it for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

@theosch
Although I appreciate your last post helping users, there is a very important thing I can't understand. Admins of this forum asked me to avoid to increase the amount of posts of attached firmware for people
asking them and thus I decided to stop all of this. So why are you offering the same help I've always offered before ????

Well I've enough time, I don't have to work.
It hurts myself denying help to other person who's probably totally lost in technical issues, when I can.
It's probably also to feel "needed", I tried not to answer any request, but couldn't resist.

But I'm pretty sure if I'd get dozens help request all the time and you had helped them for free, I'd feel stressed and utilized, too.

Mattering the uploads, I'll delete those, or have them deleted no problem.
If the people, I uploaded the firmware don't check the forum regulary it can't be so important.
OK last help dump was just around 18 h ago ;)
If he doesn respond in a week I'll delete it. Maybe on vacation for now, or got frustrated cause didn't get help at once, and couldn't help himself for now.

A reason was that I wanted s.o. to test if his WH16NS60->BH16NS55 with your hexrange and with "dd" hexediting method works with UHD ripping.
(But afaik you tested UHD ripping already succesfully with WH16NS60->BH16NS55 via the hexeditor-method.)
The negative side effect is, that more and more people think they can always come, just not to spend a few hours/max a couple of days themselves for making firmware backups +modding.

Some people used the EEPROM data mover method for modding, also for official WH16NS60 UHD drive <=but here it gives different/strange/unusual result, some report here UHD to not work with some specific ripping software, but with a competitive copy software.

So I'd expect, it's because it was not done with the other hexrange from Teddy's navigating UHD official/real drive-to-UHD-friedly drive conversion, but not sure.
--

@theosch
Guides are written to be "user friendly and idiot proof". If I or you have to mod any submitted dump, guide itself would not have any reason to exist.

There are, of course, some steps which require advantage knowledge (like the hex editing process), but there are also some methods which are easier to do and anyone, who have patience to read steps
and apply them, can mod his own firmware for himself.

I hope you'll understand my disappointment.

Yes. Sry I know you're right. It's frustrating to see, that quite some few people are just too foul to read your guide.

Maybe there are some that have just too few basic knowledge, have too few trust in themselves, and don't want to send back a bricked device in case.
--
There are also many that profit from your guideline, some of them perhaps not mentioning it in the forum.

And some people brick their device. But if they can't follow your instructions and they are too impatient, I wouldn't have bad conscience about it :)
Then they'll have to wait a few months, maybe tourist will have an emergency rescue firmware in some time from other unit, working.
The bad thing is those people will perhaps RMA it, and it's known some online shops resell those devices without testing and repairing from manufacturer.

I'm not really the cleverest person, if even I can follow your tutorial, then most others also can.

Last edited:
hi,
I am really new to the UHD ripping, I got a LG BE16NU50 and its have firmware v1.02, so I try to downgrade it to v1.01. I made a dump by dosflash, follow the instructions in this page to make a new firmware from a untouch v1.01, and I flash it again with success. The drive show v1.01 in anydvd, and UHD disk ( plant earth II )show up in the file explorer. But when I try to rip it to ISO or file, it will have read error in the middle of the process, and make it not possible to make a iso or copy the folder of the UHD, when I try to play it directly form the disc, it will skipping frame and not reading well too. I try to rip a Blu-ray disc and everything work fine.
I am doing anything wrong in the flashing process? Someone can help me to check if my firmware have anything wrong? I will try with another UHD disc, just want someone to make sure my firmware is good to go, thanks a lot.

Attachments

• dump.bin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • BE16NU50 untouch 1.01.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • modded-v1.01.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I used the oldest pc in my house. I tried on a UEFI bios and no go. I think maybe the older the motherboard the better.

Hi Teddy,

I finally got access to an old PC and was able to download the firmware.
Could you please modify the firmware (BH16NS55) here?

many, many thx in advance,
Foppa

Attachments

• EEPROM_F.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
No he can't. See post 442

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

If you download the requiered flash tools, a clean 1.02 FW is included. ( As far as i know )
Look at the atached file form the german forum.

I completed the steps to dump the firmware using DOS method. I am not comfortable with hex editing so I prefer to use the automatic method of importing data. I open EEPROM Data Mover, select my dumped file, then clean NS 50 compatible firmwares.7z file noted in first post, and get an error "Incorrect file size". Anyone have any ideas as to what Im doing wrong?

Last edited:
First you have to extract the clean bin-firmwares from the 7z with WinRAR, 7Zip, etc.
Then at step 2. of the EEPROM Data Mover select the clean firmware you want.

Thank you for the reply, Terramex. Process completed, I now own a WH16NS40 with 1.02 firmware!

Hi all,

I only have laptops (no desktop) and connect to the Asus BC-12D2HT drive (running, unfortunately 3.01) via USB3. Are there any options in my case or must you actually have a SATA connection?
I have tried DOSFLASH booted via USB-stick and it reports no ATAPI devices, and flasher.exe finds the drive Ok but will not read from it or flash it.

thanks.

Thanks very much TeddyRaspin. I was able to flash my LG.

If only something could be done about the crippling DRM in PowerDVD as well.. The stupid requirement to prevent mouse operations during playback somehow means I can't even operate PDVD's own menus. Wow. One of many problems of course. Anyway, thanks! :)

No mouse operations has nothing to do with drm. That's just how the disc was authored. You don't have a mouse with standalone players do you? In most cases discs are played on a standalone player, and those don't have a mouse

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

No mouse operations has nothing to do with drm. That's just how the disc was authored. You don't have a mouse with standalone players do you? In most cases discs are played on a standalone player, and those don't have a mouse

Hmm. Every single DVD I've ever tried supported the mouse just fine. Not a single BD I've ever tried supported the mouse. If this was up to the authors all along, I'd expect some randomness. Regardless, trying to play Jason Bourne UHD with PDVD 18 Ultra (latest), I couldn't even click any of the buttons in the "Mouse is not supported... blah, OK, Cancel" dialog, or any other button/icon in PDVD for that matter (except for the timeline..). If I lucked out and the dialog got the keyboard focus, I could dismiss, but not always.

Oh well, the lack of support for Nvidia (etc) cards caused me even worse problems. I'm thinking I'll park the whole thing until the next major development.

Perhaps, but you're comparing 2 completely different disc types. The discs are different, the file structure is different, the authoring of them is different.

Like buying a Ford stationwagon and expecting it to go 300mph like a Maserati or something because hey, they both have 4 wheels and a steering wheel. You can't do that either, one's a city car, the other's a sportscar.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

So it seems that if you have a laptop and connect to the drive via USB instead of SATA, you're basically out of luck, correct?

hi,
do I have to unplug my other sata device (ssd) before I boot from usb-stick and run dosflash?

So it seems that if you have a laptop and connect to the drive via USB instead of SATA, you're basically out of luck, correct?
according to other posts here in the forum you'll have to open it and unplug the sata to usb adapter then connect it directly via sata, but it should work.

I bought a BW-16D1HT with F/W 1.01. must i upgrade to 3.02 and then downgrade to 3.01 or can i modify this F/W direct?

@teufel82
If you want to use this drive for normal BD reading, you'll have to do nothing. UHD reading will not work , because the FW/drive is too old. 1.01 should be a drive that's about 4 years old and known as NS40.
No chance for UHD reading with this drive :(

Last edited:
Back