• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 98

hamisht

Would AnyDVD would work on a Windows 98 machine?

@hamisht
no ANYDVD officially works with systems from windows xp and other max you can try is windows 2000 but warranty that it will work none

I wanna say it's 7 and up now.
-W

Edit: But I was wrong - XP or better.

Last edited:
System Requirements:
  • A Windows compatible PC with minimum 2 GHz Processor and 1 GB RAM
  • Windows XP/XP64/VISTA/Win7/Win7-64/Win8/Win8-64/Win10/Win10-64
  • For HD decryption and ripping, the minimum OS is Windows XP SP3.
  • For Blu-ray or HD DVD media, a Blu-ray or HD DVD compliant drive is required.
Source: https://www.redfox.bz/anydvdhd.html

You would need to get a version before 6.7.9.0. That version is when Win98 support was dropped in AnyDVD.

Glancing through my backup archives you should internet search for AnyDVD 6.7.8.0 or earlier.

That old a version wouldn't reliably work with any DVD released on or after March 2011, and if you wanted Bluray support you'd need an "enhanced" key license that unlocked both AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD.

A DVD that old would likely still be "crackable" with DVD Shrink by itself.

This thread shouldn't be in the AnyDVD (DVD Issues) forum, it is more of a General Chat topic.

Last edited:
A DVD that old would likely still be "crackable" with DVD Shrink by itself.
If the DVD contained RipGuard, which I believe was introduced early 2005, then that might throw a spanner in the works regarding DVD Shrink.

If the DVD contained RipGuard, which I believe was introduced early 2005, then that might throw a spanner in the works regarding DVD Shrink.
I personally have never encountered a DVD with RipGuard, that I know of, when I was using DVD Shrink by itself. If I use DVD Shrink now it is after I've ripped with CloneDVD so I can crunch a D/L disc to a single layer blank.

I did say "likely," not "guaranteed."

Going back to a very old AnyDVD version is not really a good idea IMO. As much as I liked Win98SE, I've moved on.

If Windows 10 scares you - at least go to Windows 7 - which was / is very solid - and stable.
-W

Last edited:
If Windows 10 scares you - at least go to Windows 7 - which was / is very solid - and stable.
-W

Oh haha, nah mate I have Windows 10 on my regular use machine, I just have an older machine I got recently for Dos games, and it has a DVD Rom so I might as well put some software on it :)

Back