• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow Conversion to MKV On Avengers Infinity War ?

brian57

As my previous post regarding Thor The Dark World sync problem (Now sorted, thanks), I have now moved on to Avengers Infinity War.
First of all it converted to mkv fine, no issues. :)
But the conversion time got approximately 2 and a half hours compared to 30 minutes for Thor Dark World and others I have ben converting.
All were done on the same PC, same disc drive and hardware acceleration using AnyDVD 8.2.7.3 and CloneBD 1.2.2.1

I even ripped Infinity War to hard drive and converted from there, but still took 2 hours 30 minutes.

Any reason for the increased time ? Just curious.

I have attached CloneBD log files for both discs.
If you need hardware details let me know.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.2.1.Marvel's Avengers - Infinity War.cbdlog
    369.9 KB · Views: 1
  • CloneBD.1.2.2.1.Marvel's Thor - the Dark World.cbdlog
    582.7 KB · Views: 2
Difficult to say - the buffer bars shown during conversion would give some more information.

The main difference I see between the two conversions is that one was done from an ISO, the other from a disc drive.
Interestingly the ISO one was the slower one - the source disc appears to be a seagate 1TB HDD, should be reasonably fast, though I don't know how it's attached (sata? USB?).

What if you mount the ISO with Virtual Clone Drive and then process from there, does that speed it up?

Thanks for the quick reply Pete.
To answer your questions.

1. The buffer bars on 'Infinity War' were showing 100%, where as on 'Dark World' they were hardly filling. I will run both again and take a snap shot of CloneBD running if that would be a help.
2. Slow conversion was evident direct from the optical disc and also from the ISO from the 1TB HDD, which is connectioned by internal SATA.

But to mention again, 'Infinity War' did convert successfully, just took 5 times longer than my other Blurays.

Do you have AnyDVD's "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD audio stream" active (can slow things down significantly, but normally only when there are many audio streams)?
The buffer bars on 'Infinity War' were showing 100%, where as on 'Dark World' they were hardly filling.
All 4 or just some?

Pete,

I have just run 'Infinity War' again to take a screen shot of the buffers for you...AND....it now runs fine, same AnyDVD, same CloneBD.
Buffers not full and estimated completion time 33 mintues !!!

The answer to your answer anyway was...all 4 buffers were full.

Very strange as I have no backup processes running at any time when using CloneBD

I am very sorry to have troubled you guys, but thanks again for your quick support. :oops:

The answer to your answer anyway was...all 4 buffers were full.

Very strange as I have no backup processes running at any time when using CloneBD

It's not like "buffers full = good" or "buffers empty = good".
Those buffers merely help identify bottlenecks, if there are any.

Generally:
  • if all buffers are empty most of the time, the conversion is going as fast as the source drive can deliver data.
  • if all buffers are full, the destination drive is limiting the process
  • first three buffers full, last empty: the CPU/GPU is working hard on transcoding and is the limiting factor (with hw acceleration not typical)
there are other combinations as well.
None of them are alarming, all are typical, depending on the setup.

So if something is going slower than you expect, the buffers help identifying the most likely bottleneck.

Back