• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy DVD Stanley and Livingstone fails

fbacher

I have a new Fox Cinema Archives Stanley and Livingstone (1939) DVD that I want to backup: https://shop.tcm.com/stanley-and-livingstone/024543850106. The copy process fails very early. I copy by simply selecting the device folder and pasting to where I want it. If I do an image copy I get "Read Error Sectors: 4470-4499". DVDFab also fails to copy.

I cleaned the pristine disc with a microfibre cloth, but it did not help. Attached is a Log.
Running Windows 7. The disc plays fine on my Sony Blu-Ray player. Using a LG blu-ray r/w device with my PC.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_E_STANLEY_AND_LIVINGSTONE.ziplog
    76.8 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info.ziplog
    15.3 KB · Views: 1
I have a new Fox Cinema Archives Stanley and Livingstone (1939) DVD that I want to backup: https://shop.tcm.com/stanley-and-livingstone/024543850106. The copy process fails very early. I copy by simply selecting the device folder and pasting to where I want it. If I do an image copy I get "Read Error Sectors: 4470-4499". DVDFab also fails to copy.

I cleaned the pristine disc with a microfibre cloth, but it did not help. Attached is a Log.
Running Windows 7. The disc plays fine on my Sony Blu-Ray player. Using a LG blu-ray r/w device with my PC.
It is a dvd-r with no protection at all so AnyDVD does not need to be running. I would EXIT AnyDVD and then try to copy. If it still fails, the disc is defective. AnyDVD's job is to remove protection. Sometimes, when there is no protection it does funny things.
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.03
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2105584 sectors (4112 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: STANLEY_AND_LIVINGSTONE
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

It is a dvd-r with no protection at all so AnyDVD does not need to be running. I would EXIT AnyDVD and then try to copy. If it still fails, the disc is defective. AnyDVD's job is to remove protection. Sometimes, when there is no protection it does funny things.

mmdavis I agree it's a good idea to test the situation with AnyDVD OFF, especially if the disc has no protection (-- even though Read errors almost always means bad disc).

But to be fair, AnyDVD does a great job not intruding where it's not needed. I have probably watched 100's of adult movies over the year with AnyDVD running. Those movies never have protection. And I've never had AnyDVD do anything wonky to them.

Has no problems when you mount a blank disc either and that's the epitome of "no protection".

Just saying.

T

mmdavis I agree it's a good idea to test the situation with AnyDVD OFF, especially if the disc has no protection (-- even though Read errors almost always means bad disc).

But to be fair, AnyDVD does a great job not intruding where it's not needed. I have probably watched 100's of adult movies over the year with AnyDVD running. Those movies never have protection. And I've never had AnyDVD do anything wonky to them.

Has no problems when you mount a blank disc either and that's the epitome of "no protection".

Just saying.

T
I have, including some of my discs. No protection, AnyDVD goes off.

I have, including some of my discs. No protection, AnyDVD goes off.

By "goes off", you mean AnyDVD permanently shuts down when you mount an unprotected disc? Really?

I've never seen that one.

Closest to that I've seen is that when you mount a blank disc, AnyDVD temporary turns off for that drive.

As it should because it doesn't do anything with blank discs.

Ofc, as soon as a non-blank disc is mounted in the drive, it's back at work again.

That's normal behavior.

But with a non-blank disc that has no protection, I've never seen AnyDVD shut off.

Because there are still things it could do like removing annoying clips and titles shorter than a certain time length.

So that's a new one on me.

T

Back