• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.2.2.0 capturing to MP4 gets subtitles

Mike J

I am using the most current AnyDVD along with CloneBD to capture Blu-ray disks. I have the subtitles completely turned off I thought but it still shows them in English wherever I play them and have been unable to turn them off.

What am I doing wrong, from reading on here it looks like people aren't get subtitles when they want them but I can't get rid of them. Suggestions??

It would help, if you provide a CloneBD log file, so we can see, what your settings are and what type of subtitles are on the disc.

Uploaded the log from the most current capture.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.2.0.Marvel's Avengers - Infinity War.cbdlog
    385.4 KB · Views: 2
Uploaded the log from the most current capture.
Thank you - according to your log file, you actually have selected a subtitle.
And you're converting to mp4, so the subtitle will be permanently visible.
If your player(s) support it, I strongly recommend converting to MKV with selectable subtitles, it's a much more versatile format. Then you can select or disable subtitles at play-time.

Otherwise, you'll have to deselect all subtitles on the selection page for there to be none.
If you think, they were deselected, but you still got that result, please post a screenshot of the selection page.

Thank you for your help, I believe that you solved it. I was selecting the subtitle English when I didn't have to select it at all. Error on my part of selecting it thinking that it meant that subtitles would be in English when on not realizing that they would be on all the time. Ran several without it being selected and the movies show up correctly now. Thanks again.

What is the advantage of using MKV versus MP4 regardless of subtitles? Using MP4 allows me to spread across multiple mediums, would MKV do that too?

MKV is mostly used to store compressed movie files and it's suitable for those who want to get high quality videos (convert HD videos and Blu-ray).

MP4
is a compression format/container typically used to get movies into a format for portable players (such as ipad/ipod/iphones).

You can copy both formats to a USB stick and play them.

Back