• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVDHD fails decryption on >60% of DVDs and Blu-ray discs

sundiegojc

At least the last two (including the current version) versions of AnyDVDHD software, including 8.2.7.0, are
unable to successfully crack more than 50% of tested DVDs and Blurays (a test group of
> 15 DVDs.
the error message is the same> This contact tool does not allow me to
include screenshots, but the error is always the same - "Unable to crack all CSS
keys on this disc" (see attached error box screen capture).
Any attempt to rip the disc results in a very
small, and unplayable video file. The discs and DVD regions match.
The ripping error occurs with multiple programs, including AnyDVDHD's built-in ISO and DVD folder creation tool.
Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I attempted to resolve this through a support ticket, but Redfox's "Support" staff, after requesting and promptly receiving log files, has become non-responsive for almost 10 days, even ignoring simple requests for confirmation that the ticket is still active. Hopefully this group will be more responsive than the "Support" department.

Attachments

• 2018-08-02_16-47-20.jpg
    2018-08-02_16-47-20.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 16
Ch3vr0n, thank you for taking the time to respond.

You are correct, based on the date stamps on the attached email string, it has been 9 days, not 10. But 9 days still equals unresponsive.

The argument that my ISP is “silently dropping the mails” is questionable, given that I have received every other RedFox email (including the ones generated by this thread) and none have been intercepted by my spam/junk mail.
My system is receiving RedFox emails when they are sent.
Referring to the attached email string and you will see that I confirmed the correct drive hardware region settings back on August 4th, and confirmed the fact to “John” at RedFox support on the same date. I have received no further response from RedFox on this ticket since then.

I read the bug submission guidelines that you referenced,and my support ticket submission complied with those guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ch3vr0n, thank you for taking the time to respond.

You are correct, based on the date stamps on the attached email string, it has been 9 days, not 10. But 9 days still equals unresponsive.

The argument that my ISP is “silently dropping the mails” is questionable, given that I have received every other RedFox email (including the ones generated by this thread) and none have been intercepted by my spam/junk mail.
My system is receiving RedFox emails when they are sent.
Referring to the attached email string and you will see that I confirmed the correct drive hardware region settings back on August 4th, and confirmed the fact to “John” at RedFox support on the same date. I have received no further response from RedFox on this ticket since then.

I read the bug submission guidelines that you referenced,and my support ticket submission complied with those guidelines.
Nothing in your attachment says, or proves, your drive region is set. Until you provide an AnyDVD log for verification, we are at a standstill. If AnyDVD was doing something to cause your issue, there would be hundreds of other complaints. Since there aren't, and it is just you..............

Your submission doesn't comply. The link I gave you didn't ask you to post a PDF file containing private support staff info. As such the file has now been removed.

Read the link again, and provide the logfile that's requested.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

At least the last two (including the current version) versions of AnyDVDHD software, including 8.2.7.0, are
unable to successfully crack more than 50% of tested DVDs and Blurays (a test group of
> 15 DVDs.
the error message is the same> This contact tool does not allow me to
include screenshots, but the error is always the same - "Unable to crack all CSS
keys on this disc" (see attached error box screen capture).
Any attempt to rip the disc results in a very
small, and unplayable video file. The discs and DVD regions match.
The ripping error occurs with multiple programs, including AnyDVDHD's built-in ISO and DVD folder creation tool.
Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I attempted to resolve this through a support ticket, but Redfox's "Support" staff, after requesting and promptly receiving log files, has become non-responsive for almost 10 days, even ignoring simple requests for confirmation that the ticket is still active. Hopefully this group will be more responsive than the "Support" department.
DVD: Read the message box and set your drive region code. Or ignore the warning.
Blu-ray: Make sure, AnyDVD can connect to redfox servers.

Last edited:
Hello James,
I followed the instructions on setting the drive region as specified by tech support, AND provided that confirmation to the support tech. The requested logs were provided in replies to the support ticket. on August 4th, and again on August 8th. The submitted logs for two of the discs exhibiting the problem are attached, as well as one for a disc that decrypts correctly (Back To Burgundy). I am also providing a screen capture of my device manager region settings. Despite being correctly set when I first noticed the issue, I reset it as requested by the support tech, hence the counter showing 4 remaining region changes.
FYI, ignoring the warning results in the unusable file creation issue.
Is there anything else that you need?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_D_KINGS.ziplog
    611.3 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_D_BALLAD_OF_LEFTY_BROWN.ziplog
    845.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DVD Drive region setting.jpg
    DVD Drive region setting.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8
  • AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_D_Back to Burgundy.ziplog
    148.7 KB · Views: 3
The Kings log clearly shows an unset region, which accounts for the warning and gave you. The other 2 logs show a now properly set region. So the question now is, are you still have an issue and if so what is it.

Hello James,
I followed the instructions on setting the drive region as specified by tech support, AND provided that confirmation to the support tech. The requested logs were provided in replies to the support ticket. on August 4th, and again on August 8th. The submitted logs for two of the discs exhibiting the problem are attached, as well as one for a disc that decrypts correctly (Back To Burgundy). I am also providing a screen capture of my device manager region settings. Despite being correctly set when I first noticed the issue, I reset it as requested by the support tech, hence the counter showing 4 remaining region changes.
FYI, ignoring the warning results in the unusable file creation issue.
Is there anything else that you need?
As the instructions specify, EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the drive region.
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2294912 sectors (4482 MBytes)

He already has, as per the other 2 logs.

Back