• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Medieval Total War II - Kingdoms

Tak

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
attemped with v2.9.18.574 - beta and v2.9.18.570 - release
currently .574 beta
2. What is the title of the game you're trying to run?
3. What is the version of the game?
4. Is it cd or dvd version?
DVD retail standard edition - two discs, attempted with both discs
5. What region or country is the original disc from?
US
6. What protection does your game use?
Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Games\Medieval2\kingdoms.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 25341952 (0182B000h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header..
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey
- Scan Took : 0.125 Seconds
7. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
XP Pro SP2 32 bit
8. What cpu are you using?
Intel Core 2 duo e6600
9. Provide the full error messages you received when attempting to run the game.
the SecuROM - gamejackal blacklisting error. I will edit this post for the exact error number when I'm able to run the game again, but other users have encountered it according to some recent posts.
10. What brand and model optical disc drive did you use to read the disc? What firmware version did you use?
Lite-On DVDRW LH-20a1P MS driver version 5.1.2535.0, only drive on the system.

I do not have nor have I had Daemon Tools or some of the other usual suspects on the system. I have no problems with Medieval Total War II (base game) itself, just with these expansions. It also has created those lovely Securom 7 registry entries (insert anger and raging here).

Thanks for taking a look!

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
attemped with v2.9.18.574 - beta and v2.9.18.570 - release
currently .574 beta
2. What is the title of the game you're trying to run?
3. What is the version of the game?
4. Is it cd or dvd version?
DVD retail standard edition - two discs, attempted with both discs
5. What region or country is the original disc from?
US
6. What protection does your game use?
Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Games\Medieval2\kingdoms.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 25341952 (0182B000h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header..
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey
- Scan Took : 0.125 Seconds
7. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
XP Pro SP2 32 bit
8. What cpu are you using?
Intel Core 2 duo e6600
9. Provide the full error messages you received when attempting to run the game.
the SecuROM - gamejackal blacklisting error. I will edit this post for the exact error number when I'm able to run the game again, but other users have encountered it according to some recent posts.
10. What brand and model optical disc drive did you use to read the disc? What firmware version did you use?
Lite-On DVDRW LH-20a1P MS driver version 5.1.2535.0, only drive on the system.

I do not have nor have I had Daemon Tools or some of the other usual suspects on the system. I have no problems with Medieval Total War II (base game) itself, just with these expansions. It also has created those lovely Securom 7 registry entries (insert anger and raging here).

Thanks for taking a look!

Please try the beta http://sandbox.slysoft.com/gj/SetupGameJackal.exe

That is the main version. Driver version shows as .573

I see that a new beta is out, i will try it when I have the time. I apologize for the long delay in replying!

matthew I will give this game a go as well but I am pretty sure I was able to make a working profile, in fact this was the first profile I made since the re-install but will double check when I get home.:)

DRM is a pain in the !#!@. I paid for the game, let me use it in a way that doesn't unnecessarily risk damaging the disc!

Mathew, I followed your instructions and I can run the game with GJ running with the newest beta. However I still cannot create a profile, given the GameJackal blacklist error. Thank you for looking into this :)

I just tested Kingdoms with the beta 577 build of Game Jackal. I too am seeing the "Conflict with Emulation Software" error on trying to even make the profile(it tries to launch the game as a part of making the profile, and the error pops up without launching).

DRM is a pain in the !#!@. I paid for the game, let me use it in a way that doesn't unnecessarily risk damaging the disc!

Mathew, I followed your instructions and I can run the game with GJ running with the newest beta. However I still cannot create a profile, given the GameJackal blacklist error. Thank you for looking into this :)

Copy protection isn't exactly the same as DRM. DRM checks to see if you have permission to play(online checks and such). Copy protection just makes sure you don't make a copy to give to your friends and such.

With Game Jackal, it would be easy to make a profile, then give your original CD/DVD to a friend, which would then let both of you play the same paid copy at the same time. That isn't legal, so while it is annoying, I can understand WHY they don't want to allow emulation software to work. Keep in mind that while I understand it, and even agree with that concept, since I don't copy or distribute to my friends, I want Game Jackal to work with all the games I own.

Anyway, let's stay on topic here. If you want to complain about copy protection or DRM or anything like that, please open a different thread on the issue since this one is about Medieval 2: TW - Kingdoms not working with Game Jackal.

i was able to get it working fine, but I have no patches installed. are you guys patched?

Patches to the game or GJ?

GJ is the latest beta version. Medieval Total War II base game was auto-patched when I installed Kingdoms expansion. The base game, however, works fine. It's only the Kingdoms expansion that is causing the problems, and that is version 1.0 from the DVD.

Did you use any special mode or the likes? If you would please recreate the steps you took to create the profile I would greatly appreciate it :)

sorry I mis-read the title used wrong version. My humble apologies...

"G:\Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe" --features.mod=mods/Teutonic

I dont know if this would make a difference but maybe because of the way the game works we have a problem? I have tried creating a profile with the desktop shortcut and by using my own specifying the part in bold. All come back with conflict with enumaration software. If I allow the profile to be created even though it has a problem the game will still refuse to load.

The new securom appears to detect the profile engine when trying to create?

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=49178&postcount=27

Following those steps did not appear to help, Securom still appears to detect GJ as the profile engine gets launched.

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=9000

Get that lovely error message, appears sony has given GJ its own error message Well Done! lol.

Last edited:
"G:\Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe" --features.mod=mods/Teutonic

I dont know if this would make a difference but maybe because of the way the game works we have a problem? I have tried creating a profile with the desktop shortcut and by using my own specifying the part in bold. All come back with conflict with enumaration software. If I allow the profile to be created even though it has a problem the game will still refuse to load.

The new securom appears to detect the profile engine when trying to create?

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=49178&postcount=27

Following those steps did not appear to help, Securom still appears to detect GJ as the profile engine gets launched.

http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=9000

Get that lovely error message, appears sony has given GJ its own error message Well Done! lol.

What version of GJ are you running?

would just like to say that the latest beta works wonders with this game.

Many Thanks Matthew and the GJ Team! :p

Back