• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BR "Hulu" Hangs on launching

WhiteFox

I just bought the 50th Anniv. edition of Zulu from Amazon US at this link: https://tinyurl.com/y93yt4fe

Ripped using 8.2.7.0 using My Movies (Ver 5.24) for playback on Dune Solo.

Movie splash screen displays and then when clicking to play, it goes to black screen and stays frozen.

To double check the ISO on my PC with Win 7 Pro, I separately used Virtual Clone Drive to mount it to see if it would play with my PowerDVD 16, and same thing happens. The BR disc itself plays fine in PC or Stand alone BR drive player.

Title says it is distributed by Universal Pictures UK limited under license.

UPC 5051368257938

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_D_ZULU_C0702037_094DFD84.ziplog
    418.3 KB · Views: 3
It's not hung nor frozen, welcome to the world of screenpass protection. @Pete will need to do his magic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Great to know the answer! Thank you sir! It's a REALLY great movie that many have not seen.

Great to know the answer! Thank you sir! It's a REALLY great movie that many have not seen.

No, that's no Screen Pass protection - I can't find any traces of that.

I suggest, you simply create an MKV file in this case (use CloneBD, the free version will so).
If you need to fix this, you can also contact me via PM, then we'll see if anything can be done.

No, that's no Screen Pass protection - I can't find any traces of that.

I suggest, you simply create an MKV file in this case (use CloneBD, the free version will so).
If you need to fix this, you can also contact me via PM, then we'll see if anything can be done.

I used my paid version of CloneBD, made the MKV file, and it plays perfectly from my PC's PowerDVD 16. Step two is to figure out if MyMovies will accept MKV to play on DuneSolo player. Thank you Pete & Ch3vr0n !

Ya know, all I did was move the MKV into the movie folder, deleted the ISO and existing files that MyMovies made, and it automatically recognized this format, and repopulated with the needed XML image and support files.

I never used MKV before. If all a person wants with BR is the movie title, is there any reason NOT to use MKV?

Last edited:
That's down to personal preference. Some users do movie-only disc backups to bd25, to squeeze the best possible video result out of the original by removing extra's, audio tracks... so the original has to be reduced as little as possible quality wise.

If you're streaming through mymovies, mkv is a great option. You shrink in size, only pick the audio and subtitle you want and you're good. I stream with Plex some of them and I make mine around 6-8gb/movie. Comparing that to the original which can be up to 45gb/movie you can on average get 6-8 movies in mkv like that vs 1 in iso/folder rip.

But ultimately, you've got to decide for yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

... I stream with Plex some of them and I make mine around 6-8gb/movie. Comparing that to the original which can be up to 45gb/movie you can on average get 6-8 movies in mkv like that vs 1 in iso/folder rip...

OMG! A complete Blu Ray movie in 6-8G?

What kind of video quality does it have?

Would it look good played on a 4k TV?

T

Excellent. Usually around 15-20mbps thanks to stripping all the unneeded audio ofc. X264 is very good at compressing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Question: Can you resume where you left off with .mkv movies?
Sure. And if you have decent players with Kodi in the same network, you can continue to watch a movie in a different room.

Back