• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region B disc is region AC only

Coeno

Why does this region B disc showing only regio A and C in the status window?
I have encoutered this on a few BD movies now released in 2018 by dutch distribution company Dutch Filmworks.
The discs are always locked region B or regio free.
The discs play fine when i change the setting to 'Always ask for region code' and choose region B or in a stand-alone player.
So is there something new/changed on these discs?

Logfile of example disc (Baba Yega: The Movie):

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_X_BABA YEGA_DB06C606_966E54E2.ziplog
    89.3 KB · Views: 4
Region coding in bluray is done inside the java and is tricky to do. It's possible that's the reason. Though it's odd for sure. Does the original play fine in a region b player? If it does and you don't intend to play the backup on a non-B player you've got nothing to worry about, or need to remove the region.

What does the region code say on the packaging? If there isn't one, and you do want to remove the region I'd specify B since that's where the disc is from. If all is well the backup should still play fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Does the original play fine in a region b player?
Yes

What does the region code say on the packaging?
There's is no logo on the disc label or the packaging, so i asume it's region B or free.
Dutch Filworks does this alot and in the most cases the status windows says it's region free.

Does anyone from the development team need a log file from a different movie release in 2018 by the same company where it doesn't show AC in the status window for investigation?

Yes

There's is no logo on the disc label or the packaging, so i asume it's region B or free.
Dutch Filworks does this alot and in the most cases the status windows says it's region free.
So, what is it? Does the disc play (e.g., with PowerDVD) if AnyDVD has set the refion to A?

No, i get a message in PowerDVD 17 'Unfortunately this disc will not play due to the region code setting of the player'.
As i set before there's no message when i change the setting to 'Always ask for region code' and choose region B.

I can report that when AnyDVD isn't running the disc plays fine in PowerDVD 17.

"The discs are always locked region B or regio free.
The discs play fine when i change the setting to 'Always ask for region code' and choose region B or in a stand-alone player."

it sounds like its not set to remove region code normally, sounds like its behaving correctly.

"it sounds like its not set to remove region code normally, sounds like its behaving correctly.

Then explain to me why AnyDVD has determined the region to be A. It's only showing Region AC in the status windows and it left out the region B.
Since this is a region B release, it always shows region B or free in the status window or it let me choose the region if AnyDVD can't determine it.

I told you that in the first line of the first reply. Region coding is done inside the discs java, and isn't easy to fully detect automatically. It's very plausible anydvd just didn't see the B coding and only A and C

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

I told you that in the first line of the first reply.
Yes you did, how clumsy of me.

Or can this be a new or different way of the distributor trying to fool software or perhaps a programming bug?

i'd rather think the latter, than the former.

Or can this be a new or different way of the distributor trying to fool software or perhaps a programming bug?
No.
The region coding can't be determined directly - nowhere on the disc (except maybe on the printed label) can the actual region be found.
It's just code saying "if the player is Region X, jump to Y"....
AnyDVD does its best at guessing, whether "Y" is the movie/the main menu/... or the "incorrect region card".
Unfortunately, in most cases nowadays it can't determine the region at all and asks the user.
In 99% of the situations when it can, it detects the region correctly, but it seems your discs throw it off track and it gets it the wrong way around.

If you only insert discs from region B anyway, you can tell AnyDVD to always assume B.
Otherwise, you'll have to switch to manual for these discs (afterwards you can switch back to automatic, the setting for this disc you chose will be remembered for the future).

No.
The region coding can't be determined directly - nowhere on the disc (except maybe on the printed label) can the actual region be found.
It's just code saying "if the player is Region X, jump to Y"....
AnyDVD does its best at guessing, whether "Y" is the movie/the main menu/... or the "incorrect region card".
Unfortunately, in most cases nowadays it can't determine the region at all and asks the user.
In 99% of the situations when it can, it detects the region correctly, but it seems your discs throw it off track and it gets it the wrong way around.

If you only insert discs from region B anyway, you can tell AnyDVD to always assume B.
Otherwise, you'll have to switch to manual for these discs (afterwards you can switch back to automatic, the setting for this disc you chose will be remembered for the future).

That's good to know.

Back