• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Newest Blu ray ripped back up BD-R won't start to play on player

Glen Dubnik

Some latest blu ray ripped back-up won't start to play on blu ray player. The rip process was successful, no errors. But the the blu ray payer (few different I tried) simply don't play the disk (but recognizes the disk inserted) - Overboard (2018) as an example or Ready Player One(2018) - another. AnyDVD version is licensed 8.2.7.0 version - current. Tried different rip softwares, different blu ray media - same result. The PC burner plays the burnerd disks just fine.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

Try the rip in a licensed software player such as PowerDVD. If the rip itself then plays fine, then anydvd did it's job and its not an anydvd problem because anydvd doesn't burn. You say you tried different media, but you don't say WHAT brands or media. Nor the speed you burn at, the drive model or firmware revision. All of which affect burning itself.

Thank you for looking.
I did try different licensed software to burn. The media I used - Verbatim and PlexDisc - both BD-R DL. Different speeds to burn: from 2x to 6x.
The burners are: LG GH22NP20 and Pioneer BDR-209
And, the problem shows not for all ripped Bu rays. it is for some and - latest

I didn't say licensed software to burn, i said to try and PLAY the rip in a licensed SOFTWARE PLAYER like PowerDVD. Completely different thing, powerdvd doesn't burn either. Plexdisc is just cheap stuff so that doesn't surprise it would fail. Verbatim depends on which ones you got and what the media identifier is. (You can find that out in IMGburn "discover" mode). The first burner is irrelevant as thats a CD/DVD only drive. The second one might be firmware.

So please, do as asked and PLAY the rip in a licensed SOFTWARE player (download the PowerDVD trial if you have to), because that test is vital to know if anydvd is somehow responsible. If the rip plays, then anydvd did it's job.
Then post the MID from the discs you used, and post a logfile from a RANDOM disc inside that pioneer drive. It'll help find out what the firmware revision is.

My mistake. The second burner - LG BD-RE WH16NS40. And both media show the same on the same rip discs ( don't argue about quality for the blank media)
It does not play with PowerDVD.

Some latest blu ray ripped back-up won't start to play on blu ray player. The rip process was successful, no errors. But the the blu ray payer (few different I tried) simply don't play the disk (but recognizes the disk inserted) - Overboard (2018) as an example or Ready Player One(2018) - another. AnyDVD version is licensed 8.2.7.0 version - current. Tried different rip softwares, different blu ray media - same result. The PC burner plays the burnerd disks just fine.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

Overboard Blu Ray currently has an AnyDVD problem and doesn't play in PowerDVD. It's being worked on.

T

My mistake. The second burner - LG BD-RE WH16NS40. And both media show the same on the same rip discs ( don't argue about quality for the blank media)
It does not play with PowerDVD.

Euhm yes i will "argue". Just because it's verbatim, doesn't mean it's good stuff. They outsource some of it and if you buy them in a physical store it's almost always CMCMAG cheap crap. As testiles says, Overboard is currently being worked on, but for the other title a logfile is needed.

Euhm yes i will "argue". Just because it's verbatim, doesn't mean it's good stuff. They outsource some of it and if you buy them in a physical store it's almost always CMCMAG cheap crap. As testiles says, Overboard is currently being worked on, but for the other title a logfile is needed.

Ch3vr0n is exactly right. My old "gold" standby Taiyo Yuden since taken over by JVC now has crappy counterfeit versions all over. Mostly have just switched over to NAS networked storage.

Yes, but don't ask when. It'll be released when it's ready

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back