• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Delta Farce won't back up

That could also be explained by a slightly warped disc or a slightly bad area on the disc. While nero cd-dvd speed may not report read errors on your disc, your copy of the disc may be slightly defective in some manner (so the drive needs to slow down to read those areas). For example, I have a disc that is scratched. Although Nero cd-dvd speed doesn't report read errors, my optical drive does slow down when it's reading the scratched area of the disc. The disc is readable, but the drive does have to slow down to read it.

It's always possible though it's definitely not scratched or even visually warped although I know it wouldn't take much for a reader to notice the difference that we can't see. Nero CD-DVD Speed didn't act any different at any point during the read as opposed to the rippers, though. The pace was constant and smooth throughout. I'm not disagreeing with you, btw, because you know more about this than me. :)

I suspect due to Arccoss people will need to use Anydvd ripper with Shrink on this title.

The bottom line is that Anydvd works with this disc and Shrink. What is confusing is whether the people that reported success with Anydvd were also using Shrink--and also needed to use Anydvd ripper with Shrink.

Sucks to be a DVD Shrink user if you are impatient, though. I don't use it so this doesn't impact me one bit but some people just want speed speed speed and not have to go that extra step although it works fine with AnyDVD ripper so just do the extra step and be happy. I would like to see Slysoft resolve this if it's possible at some point, however.

Thank you for your help.

Glad to blow some time and help out a bit at the same time. ;)

Last edited:
Sucks to be a DVD Shrink user if you are impatient, though.

All Shrink users that don't use Anydvd would have to rip first anyway, so I don't think it's a huge loss. And for most non-Arccos protected discs, they don't have to rip first. Seems pretty win-win to me. I'm not sure Anydvd will ever be able
alter vobs on the fly for Shrink, but if anyone can do it, it's probably Slysoft.

AnyDVD 6.1.7.1 beta with CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 or Nero Recode 2.5.5.0 have no issues reading this disc. However it is true that DVD Shrink won't work in Full Disc or Re-Author mode. You can't access the disc with DVD Shrink.
So, use the AnyDVD ripper (or the output from CloneDVD).
DVDShrink is actually the reason, why the ripper was created in the first place.

So, use the AnyDVD ripper (or the output from CloneDVD).
DVDShrink is actually the reason, why the ripper was created in the first place.

I agree, James. I agree wholeheartedly, in fact! But... I'm not a DVD Shrink user. Some of those users probably wish for something easier and I know the AnyDVD ripper is easy but it throws in an extra step. I'll never complain about the AnyDVD ripper [until something doesn't work right ;)] because it just rocks.

Anyway, the issue has been beat to death too many times to count. The AnyDVD ripper is the way to go as a DVD Shrink user when problems are encountered. That's just the way it is and likely will remain until the users move on to using another program for transcoding/re-authoring/compressing.

The fact that Shrink is never updated (since what, 2 years ago?) doesn't help either...unless there are updates somewhere I'm not aware of.

Oh, and I forgot to mention my CloneDVD is the latest version but AnyDVD is still 6.1.7.0, I haven't updated yet. I didn't mean to leave that out earlier.

Delta Farce won't work with Shrink

I used AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 and DVD Decrypter to rip to HD. Tried Shrink and it crashed immediately. Went to DVD Clone and backed up without a hitch.

I used AnyDVD 6.1.7.0 and DVD Decrypter to rip to HD. Tried Shrink and it crashed immediately.

That's because Shrink users need to use Anydvd ripper.
Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk" if you're using Shrink. Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into Shrink, and Shrink can produce a full disc backup.

A sticky exists at the top of the forum called Movies that may require Anydvd ripper if you're using Shrink/Nero Recode (click and read)

Delta Farce

I backed the main movie on this up with ease using CloneDVD2, 2.9.1.2 and AnyDVD, 6.1.7.1 beta.:agree: Took about 14 mins for start to finish, playback is superb.:agree:

Back