• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0 Trial Ghost in The Shell error

puma99dk|

I just installed this version of AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0 to see if it could help me to play Ghost in The Shell 4K UltraHD Blu-ray but I just get this error:

upload_2018-7-31_17-42-59.png

Video Blu-ray Settings:
upload_2018-7-31_17-43-24.png

Information:
upload_2018-7-31_17-44-46.png

Yes I masked Machine ID and Trial Serial I don't want any of them out.

not all UHDs are currently supported by only some

puma99dk| otherwise I highly recommend buying a license several times this application saved my neck when I needed to back up a lot of my protected DVD movies

I just installed this version of AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0 to see if it could help me to play Ghost in The Shell 4K UltraHD Blu-ray but I
Please post an AnyDVD logfile. Your screenshots seem to be from the "normal" Blu-ray disc, not the UHD Blu-ray.
Screenshots are a waste of time. Logfiles contain the interesting stuff.

EDIT: Or your drive is not "UHD friendly".

puma99dk| I personally would also be very grateful for him

I think you mean for that or it right? (That / it = Official supported UHD list).

I personally don't have any protected DVD/Blu-ray I cannot watch so but if this had worked I would have strongly considered to buy a license so I didn't have to deal with Intel SGX and so on.

This UHD is supported.
I believe so, too.
If it wasn't, the error message would be different.
Question to those, who know: Is the BU40N 1.02 UHD friendly? I don't think it is.

Please post an AnyDVD logfile. Your screenshots seem to be from the "normal" Blu-ray disc, not the UHD Blu-ray.
Screenshots are a waste of time. Logfiles contain the interesting stuff.

You asked for a logfile and here it is, I hope it helps :dance:

The BU40N 1.02 is UltraHD Blu-ray drive according to LG: https://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-BU40N

I purchased it from Amazon DE in a TechPulse120 USB 3.0/Type-C enclosure: https://www.amazon.de/techPulse120-Externer-Superdrive-Laufwerk-Ultrabook/dp/B07D8RJWQ5/

I reads the content fine I can see the whole disc and files :coolman:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_K_GHOST IN THE SHELL.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
You asked for a logfile and here it is, I hope it helps :dance:

The BU40N 1.02 is UltraHD Blu-ray drive according to LG: https://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives/lg-BU40N

I purchased it from Amazon DE in a TechPulse120 USB 3.0/Type-C enclosure: https://www.amazon.de/techPulse120-Externer-Superdrive-Laufwerk-Ultrabook/dp/B07D8RJWQ5/

I reads the content fine I can see the whole disc and files :coolman:
I see. It is a "real" UHD drive. AnyDVD works for UHD Blu-ray discs only with "UHD friendly" drives.

I see. It is a "real" UHD drive. AnyDVD works for UHD Blu-ray discs only with "UHD friendly" drives.

Thank you for telling me so I guess there is nothing to do :(

I guess this is why PowerDVD Ultra 18 properly doesn't work either.

That's an official drive yes, and as such does NOT work with AnyDVD. A third party product does claim it works with theirs.

That's an official drive yes, and as such does NOT work with AnyDVD. A third party product does claim it works with theirs.

Which third party product? If you don't want to say it in the thread you can pm me I really want to know.

Guys, is this one of those cases where changing his firmware to something before 1.02 would make it UHD-friendly?

EDIT: I ask because these specs look pretty much like the BE16NU50 I'm using but the NU50's only work with firmware 1.00 or 1.01.

T

Last edited:
Guys, is this one of those cases where changing his firmware to something before 1.02 would make it UHD-friendly?

T

I think I know the third party that @Ch3vr0n speaks of because I seen this list of firmwares for the drive:
LG BU40N(Internal Slim/Laptop, Firmware: FR07, TST0, BU10, CA03, A100)

It's possible testile, but teddy hasn't been doing that for a while now. If you know which firmware can be made friendly, by all means try it if you can do it.

Back