• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

So how do I get AnyDVD to actually copy/rip the DVD?

Doomster

I downloaded the AnyDVD HD for trial, based on a recommendation from a user in the Kodi forum.

The version is v8.2.7.0

I have a Win7, running 64-bit. This is where the AnyDVD HD was installed.

The installation went fine. I activated the program for a trial run to see if AnyDVD will rip the DVD like I want. If AnyDVD works, then I will buy it. If not, then I will uninstall it.

There seems to be two problems.

P1) My Win7 box has a DVD drive but its region was set to Region 2, even though I live in the US, because I watched a Region 2 DVD on it. When I tried to rip a Region 1 DVD, AnyDVD, in the Status section, advised me to change my DVD drive to Region 1. I can do this but only 4 more times.

I've tried other DVD ripping SW, from MakeMKV to Handbrake and none of them have a problem with the region setting of a DVD drive. Is this an issue with AnyDVD HD?

P2) I then got a Region 2 DVD and inserted it in my DVD player.

I went thru the option tree - Video DVD items, along with Drives and Program Settings.

I don't see any button or control item to start the ripping. There's just an OK button in the lower right of the AnyDVD window. I clicked that button and nothing happens; nothing got ripped.

Is there another button or control item I need to click to have AnyDVD start ripping the DVD?

P1) My Win7 box has a DVD drive but its region was set to Region 2, even though I live in the US, because I watched a Region 2 DVD on it. When I tried to rip a Region 1 DVD, AnyDVD, in the Status section, advised me to change my DVD drive to Region 1. I can do this but only 4 more times.
Unless you have a Matsushita / Panasonic drive, you can ignore the warning.

Is there another button or control item I need to click to have AnyDVD start ripping the DVD?
Right-click on the AnyDVD notification icon. But the beauty of AnyDVD is, that it is a real time decrypter. As soon as AnyDVD has finished the scan, your disc (Blu-ray, DVD, UHD, HD-DVD) is unencrypted. You can use VLC, Kodi for playback. You can use any processing software (CloneDVD, CloneDVD mobile, CloneBD) directly with the original disc.

Right-click on the AnyDVD notification icon. But the beauty of AnyDVD is, that it is a real time decrypter. As soon as AnyDVD has finished the scan, your disc (Blu-ray, DVD, UHD, HD-DVD) is unencrypted. You can use VLC, Kodi for playback. You can use any processing software (CloneDVD, CloneDVD mobile, CloneBD) directly with the original disc.

I see where the problem is.

After I installed, the AnyDVD HD installer put the AnyDVD shortcut on the desktop. If you click that, you just get the configuration settings for AnyDVD. If you right click this shortcut on the desktop, you get the usual items related to desktop shortcuts. You do not see any options to rip the DVD.

I had to add the AnyDVD icon to the taskbar (at the bottom of the Win7 desktop) to be able to right click the icon and select "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk".

Shouldn't the AnyDVD installer place a shortcut on the desktop that displays an option to rip the DVD, instead playing the shortcut that only allows you to configure the ripping?

Shouldn't the AnyDVD installer place a shortcut on the desktop that displays an option to rip the DVD, instead playing the shortcut that only allows you to configure the ripping?
No, there's no need to add an unnecessary shortcut.
(Almost) everything is accessed via right-clicking the RedFox icon in the notification area.

AnyDVD and Clone DVD make a good pair, AnyDVD is mainly for "avoiding" copy protection and removing region codes, but Clone DVD makes the whole operation of ripping to disc HDD etc. as simple as it can be. I use them together to build a library on my NAS by saving as ISO images set to DVD5 quality, this gives files of around 4.5Gb for a feature film with excellent quality, these stream to my NUC PC running Kodi with no issues whatsoever.
No need for a shortcut as AnyDVD is supposed to run in the background with a program like clone doing the donkey work. If you really want to see an icon just set it to show in the notification area.
Settings, taskbar, notification area, select what icons appear in the notification area, turn AnyDVD on.

AnyDVD and Clone DVD make a good pair, AnyDVD is mainly for "avoiding" copy protection and removing region codes, but Clone DVD makes the whole operation of ripping to disc HDD etc. as simple as it can be. I use them together to build a library on my NAS by saving as ISO images set to DVD5 quality, this gives files of around 4.5Gb for a feature film with excellent quality, these stream to my NUC PC running Kodi with no issues whatsoever.

RichMc, how do you combine the work of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD?

Do you rip the DVD to disk using AnyDVD, then clone it to a CloneDVD?

No. You just use CloneDVD. AnyDVD is a real time decrypter, it works without ripping anything.

AnyDVD works "in the background" when using CloneDVD. Just have AnyDVD is running. With CloneDVD you do not have to rip it first. You can clone, create an iso, compress, etc, straight from the disc.

Back