• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RED 2 will no longer load with 8.2.7.0

I successfully ripped my Blu-ray of RED 2 not long after it was released. Now I am re-ripping some movies with different settings, and ran into a problem with it when using AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0. When I put the disc in to the player, I am prompted for the Region Code (which is "A"). Then I get a popup:

ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!
Please check AnyDVD status window for Details.

This is a US version of RED 2 listed as "Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital UV" and has a UPC of 0 25192 21310 6.

Here is what's in the Status window after trying to load the disc:
Summary for drive F:
(AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XD05 3.01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 22570336 sectors (44082 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RED_2
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 40
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Removed UOPs!
Java BD protection good playlists: 679
ERROR: MFR failed for 88888.jar -> C:\Users\BOBQUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVD_tmp\AnyC38D.tmp!

I had trouble getting AnyDVD HD to create a logfile during the load process, but I did end up with one, which is attached.

Any ideas what might be wrong with this?

--Bob Q

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.0_Info_F_RED_2.ziplog
    557.6 KB · Views: 3
Do you need to remove the discs region? If not, try to disable that setting and see if everything works then. Either way, something @James or @Pete will need to look at.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I successfully ripped my Blu-ray of RED 2 not long after it was released. Now I am re-ripping some movies with different settings, and ran into a problem with it when using AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0. When I put the disc in to the player, I am prompted for the Region Code (which is "A"). Then I get a popup:

Please check AnyDVD status window for Details.

This is a US version of RED 2 listed as "Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital UV" and has a UPC of 0 25192 21310 6.

Here is what's in the Status window after trying to load the disc:
Summary for drive F:
(AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XD05 3.01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 22570336 sectors (44082 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: RED_2
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 40
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Removed UOPs!
Java BD protection good playlists: 679
ERROR: MFR failed for 88888.jar -> C:\Users\BOBQUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVD_tmp\AnyC38D.tmp!

I had trouble getting AnyDVD HD to create a logfile during the load process, but I did end up with one, which is attached.

Any ideas what might be wrong with this?

--Bob Q
Does the path
Code:
C:\Users\BOBQUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVD_tmp
exist and is writable?

Do you need to remove the discs region? If not, try to disable that setting and see if everything works then. Either way, something @James or @Pete will need to look at.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
I did also try loading it a region free, since I am in Region A, but I got exactly the same error.

Thank you!

--Bob Q

Does the path
Code:
C:\Users\BOBQUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyDVD_tmp
exist and is writable?

Yes, I verified both. I also deleted the directory and recreated it, just to see if that would make a difference. And I checked that it does not require admin privileges and that there is plenty of available drive space.

As another data point, I have probably done 50 other Blu-rays in the last couple of weeks without any problems. For some reason RED 2 just doesn't like me anymore. :-}

Thank you!

--Bob Q

Yes, I verified both. I also deleted the directory and recreated it, just to see if that would make a difference. And I checked that it does not require admin privileges and that there is plenty of available drive space.

As another data point, I have probably done 50 other Blu-rays in the last couple of weeks without any problems. For some reason RED 2 just doesn't like me anymore. :-}

Thank you!

--Bob Q
Does it work, if you set AnyDVD to default settings?

I feel very dumb right now.

I just tried to load RED 2 one more time to see if I could get a little more information.

This morning RED 2 loaded without errors and is now ripping.

I have no idea what changed between last night and this morning. I had already tried multiple settings, including the defaults, and have not changed anything further since last night. And now, with no obvious changes except for having ripped another four or five other discs, the problem is gone.

I apologize for having wasted your time with this.

I love AnyDVD and greatly appreciate your support of it!

--Bob Q

Back