• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Blanks discussion

An anydvd one from a random movie so i had basic drive info. But what i needed was in the imburn one too :) Keep us posteed on the progress

An anydvd one from a random movie so i had basic drive info. But what i needed was in the imburn one too :) Keep us posteed on the progress
I downloaded a Blu-Ray [files]. I need instructions on how use ImgBurn to burn a disc with these. i.e. What to do with the BDMV and other folder(s). Can you point me to some step-by-step instructions?

Before i can proceed, elaborate "downloaded". What did you do EXACTLY.

Before i can proceed, elaborate "downloaded". What did you do EXACTLY.
[We can't talk about Bittorrent sites] What I have is "Atomic Blonde", 2017, a rip. It could have been done with AnyDVD, "Rip Video Disc to HardDisk". EXACTLY: "BDMV" and "CERTIFICATE" and all the sub-folders and files

Then i can't help you. That's a pirated download / rip and support on this subject ends here and now. Any furter reply on this by anyone trying to assist in this matter will be deleted. RedFox does not condone piracy, whether it's been done with or without AnyDVD.

All i can say to you now unfortunately is: google it.

Then i can't help you. That's a pirated download / rip and support on this subject ends here and now. Any furter reply on this by anyone trying to assist in this matter will be deleted. RedFox does not condone piracy, whether it's been done with or without AnyDVD.

All i can say to you now unfortunately is: google it.
This is why I have been using Burnaware. It's all spelled out.

Burnaware or imgburn have ZERO to do with how to burn a BD rip with either software. If you contact them they'll probably tell you the same thing. You have an illegally downloaded rip, we cannot give assistance in this case. End of story.

Google it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Next time keep an 8 month old topic dead shall we?

That said, check the MID, your burn speed, firmware...

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Next time keep an 8 month old topic dead shall we?

That said, check the MID, your burn speed, firmware...

* How does a discussion about blank media ever go dead?
* If it is not specifically closed, is it not open?
* I quoted the person who recommended the media thinking that maybe they used/still used the media. But, I was also hoping to hear from anyone that uses/used it.
* I was trying to get feedback about this specific media, but also open to suggestions for other media?

* How does a discussion about blank media ever go dead?
* If it is not specifically closed, is it not open?
* I quoted the person who recommended the media thinking that maybe they used/still used the media. But, I was also hoping to hear from anyone that uses/used it.
* I was trying to get feedback about this specific media, but also open to suggestions for other media?

* When it hasn't been replied to in 8 months, that's your dead queue right there
* Topics don't get closed unless there's a damn good reason, being dead isn't one of them
* Verbatim is generally good when gotten online which is why
* I asked you to check the MID of those failing discs, burn speed, drive firmware.

That is feedback

* When it hasn't been replied to in 8 months, that's your dead queue right there
* Topics don't get closed unless there's a damn good reason, being dead isn't one of them
* Verbatim is generally good when gotten online which is why
* I asked you to check the MID of those failing discs, burn speed, drive firmware.

That is feedback

[I used ImgBurn if that matters...] I am not sure what "MID" stand for? I Googled. The drive is an LG BD-RE WH16NS40 1.02 . Is the firmware v1.02? Device Manager reports a MS version of "10.0.10240.16384". The drive speed is 2X. I might need a tool to be sure of the driver version?

The driver version is irrelevant. It's the same generic optical drive driver since the Vista days. 1.02 is indeed the drive firmware version (which is a completely different thing from the os driver, think of it as the drive's own os telling it what types of discs are supported and at which speeds).

As to the MID (or DID some say), it stands for Media IDentifier and can be used by sufficiently educated people to diagnose if you've got good quality blanks or 'cheap crap'. Insert one of those failed discs (if you still have them, if you don't just open a new one), start IMGBurn and to go 'explore' mode. On the right you'll see a bucket load on info. Look for something 'disc identifier', or Media Identifier. If you can't find it, just copy paste the entire box contents here.

Now, if you got the good stuff for those bd50's (non-rewriteable), it should be VERBAT-IMf-000. Check that and report back, then we can proceed further

The driver version is irrelevant. It's the same generic optical drive driver since the Vista days. 1.02 is indeed the drive firmware version (which is a completely different thing from the os driver, think of it as the drive's own os telling it what types of discs are supported and at which speeds).

As to the MID (or DID some say), it stands for Media IDentifier and can be used by sufficiently educated people to diagnose if you've got good quality blanks or 'cheap crap'. Insert one of those failed discs (if you still have them, if you don't just open a new one), start IMGBurn and to go 'explore' mode. On the right you'll see a bucket load on info. Look for something 'disc identifier', or Media Identifier. If you can't find it, just copy paste the entire box contents here.

Now, if you got the good stuff for those bd50's (non-rewriteable), it should be VERBAT-IMf-000. Check that and report back, then we can proceed further

The mode is "Discovery". And, yes, it is as you described above. [Since my last coaster, I have had two successful burns]
EDIT: I have been resistant to the idea of burning at 6X. Could the burn speed [2X] be the issue?

Last edited:
Burning too slow can be just as "dangerous" as burning too fast. In the discovery mode you should have seen something like "write speed descriptor". Pretty sure there would have been a few that go upto 12x. Cause that's the speed i burn my single layer one's (VERBAT-IMe-000) at without any issue. The 6X speed is what they're rated at for pretty much guaranteed succesful burns, doesn't mean they don't support being burned faster.

Could be that the drive is on the way out, or they were just a couple bad ones.

Burning too slow can be just as "dangerous" as burning too fast. In the discovery mode you should have seen something like "write speed descriptor". Pretty sure there would have been a few that go upto 12x. Cause that's the speed i burn my single layer one's (VERBAT-IMe-000) at without any issue. The 6X speed is what they're rated at for pretty much guaranteed succesful burns, doesn't mean they don't support being burned faster.

Could be that the drive is on the way out, or they were just a couple bad ones.

I attached the entire text output by "Discovery" mode. I don't know if this is helpful or not. It seems as if this disc should support up to 8X?

Attachments

• Discovery.txt
    2 KB · Views: 7
The drive supports writing those up to 8x yes.

Chain of events: I tried an 8X burn. This failed. Reboot. I tried a 6X burn successfully. Today, I tried another 6X burn which failed. Reboot. Success. I think in the last batch of 10 discs [above], I had 4 coasters. I can keep rebooting every time I want to do a burn. But, can this really make any difference? I just got a new batch of 10 discs. I am hoping that maybe I just had a "bad batch" of disc this last time.

Maybe your drive is 'on the way out', I can't speak for those boxes ones, but I only buy the 'inkjet printable' ones and they haven't failed me yet in combination with my LG drives.

Back