• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Asus BW-16D1H-U A201 Firmware

axel_1999

Hi, anyone have original A201 Asus FW Flasher? I have an old firmware loaded and from Asus it's possible to download only A203 version..
Thankls

Hi, anyone have original A201 Asus FW Flasher? I have an old firmware loaded and from Asus it's possible to download only A203 version..
Thankls
I would like this as well. Any idea how to check my firmware version?

@TheDarkKnight
Even though it can be crossflashed to the internal one, axel is looking for the A201 firmware of the external BW-16D1H-U.

Lookit ! ;)
The firmware in the ZIP is a clean firmware, so DON'T use it with dosflash until you've injected/imported your calibration data as described in Teddy's guide:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/dumping-downgrading-firmware-on-uhd-friendly-devices.74479/

Please read his guide entirely. You don't need a Hex-Editor by all means.
The attached EEPROM Data Mover will alternatively also do the job.

EDIT: this is NOT for updating drives which have Firmware A101 !

Attachments

• A201.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I have tried - AnyDVD displays A201 FW in its status window correctly!

Sometimes patience pays off in life...

Thanks very much, Terramex!

Last edited:
I am afraid that you are right again - I will have to restore A101!

Is there a version of A201 for my apparent NS40-model?

Thanks anyway!

I'm sorry to say that hardware-wise the NS40 models can never read UHD BDs :(
...and sorry for the hassle !

I'm sorry to say that hardware-wise the NS40 models can never read UHD BDs :(
...and sorry for the hassle !

Unfortunately, returning to A101 with the version you provided for (see posting 14 in this thread), does not work for me.

I used your flasher "BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched" (see posting 12) - and I keep on getting this error message:

"Checksum ist mismatched. Drive will go to BOOT mode. Please retry again."

Any kind of advice?

Try a modified firmware to downgrade back to A101 that's your only option to get it back working

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back