• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

how can I copy games?

aussie_rose

Hello everyone... new to anydvd and this is my first post. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to copy PS2 games?

Copying games is, with few exceptions, a straight forward copy, so you don't need to decrypt it. But you will need a mod chip or boot disk. CloneCD is the BOMB for copying game DVDs or CDs!

I tried to copy PS2 games with CloneCD but did not copy. Any suggestions? I tried to use a CD and DVD with no help. A friend told me to unlock CloneCD but how?
Thanks for the help in advance

I tried to copy PS2 games with CloneCD but did not copy. Any suggestions? I tried to use a CD and DVD with no help. A friend told me to unlock CloneCD but how?
Thanks for the help in advance

CloneCD isn't "locked".
Ask the friend that told you to unlock it *how* to unlock it. :D

-W

I got a hunch that this is what "unlock" means" Enable Allow Amplify Weak Sectors if your CD writer cannot write regular bit patterns correctly."

Once you have installed Clone CD, simply run regedit and do the following:
If "Amplify Weak Sector" was disabled during install due to your region, you can re-enable it by editing the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ELABORATE BYTES\CLONECD\SETTINGS\

Right-Click the "AmplifyWeak" key and select MODIFY. Change the value from "0" to "1"

When you Write the CD, this option will still be greyed out but it will be permanently enabled. Change the value in the registry back to "0" if you wish to disable it

It is not advisable to modify any registry settings in any Slysoft products, you may find yourself with a key that will not work anymore.:agree:

Clone CD copied the game disc just fine , only when I went to burn it to disc it wouldnt fit on the CD. What to do? How do you shrink it? I use DVDShrink for the DVD's. Sorry if my questions seems dumb, only a new user.

It is not advisable to modify any registry settings in any Slysoft products, you may find yourself with a key that will not work anymore.:agree:
How are we supposed to use these features if they are disabled? According to the help file this feature along with the Protected PC Game profile and Hide CD-R media are disabled if you live in the US or Japan. There is no RegKiller file for the 5x series of CloneCD so modifying the Registry or changing the PC region is the only way at this time to get them to work . I dont want my Key Blacklisted but I would like all of the features to work. Is Slysoft planning on making these features work regardless of what country you live in?I see I am not the only who wants to know there is seperate thread of people who want the same information.
Here
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=480
Thanks in advance
Vegas

Last edited:
I have in the past found that the brand of burner can make a difference to success or coaster,any Pioneer burners are more successful than other brand names,i have used Sony dvd burners with a lot of coasters to show for it,so i dont use that brand anymore.
Perhaps others have come across this problem as well.

aussie rose,

I've run across this issue, Bloodrayne 2 comes to mind. The source would not fit the destination. I burned it to the HD as an ISO image and used another piece of software to look at and edit the ISO file. It included 3 or 4 garbage files that I can only assume it decompressed as it copied. They were actually named garbage 1,2,3 ect. I removed these and saved the ISO, burned it to the DVD and all is well. I'm sure there are free programs out there to edit ISO files.

CloneCD Disabled is Inaccurate

How are we supposed to use these features if they are disabled? According to the help file this feature along with the Protected PC Game profile and Hide CD-R media are disabled if you live in the US or Japan. There is no RegKiller file for the 5x series of CloneCD so modifying the Registry or changing the PC region is the only way at this time to get them to work . I dont want my Key Blacklisted but I would like all of the features to work. Is Slysoft planning on making these features work regardless of what country you live in?I see I am not the only who wants to know there is seperate thread of people who want the same information.
Here
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=480
Thanks in advance
Vegas

If you really read through that thread, you would see that the options are not disabled. That was an old Help file that was put in. Please don't continue to say that unless your software doesn't function with all Profiles. In that case, Slysoft needs to know about it.

I use an hp8x, and a 16x, and I am totally satisfied with the results I get with these burners. Lately, I've been using the 16x, to read and the 8x to write. I love em.

Back