• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Aacs targets Anydvd Hd

Galileo2000

Don't know how dependable the source is.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/AACS-to-counterattack-with-watermarks-and-encrypted-keys.html

The AACS Licensing Administrator introduced new concepts against piracy of high definition videos. During a conference in Berlin they explicitely aimed at Slysoft's AnyDVD HD software by implementing further protection of the keys in the yet to be finished version of the AACS copy protection.

The final AACS version will require a recognition of watermarks embedded to the video to prevent camrips. These watermarks have to be recognised by all AACS compliant readers and halt the playback. Furthermore an encryption of the so called "data keys" will be added. These keys differ between drives and discs meaning that volume keys, processing keys, or title keys that will be retrieved by hackers in the future, will not enable others to decrypt the movie because, data keys will be calculated differently between different drives.

The keys that are compromised by AnyDVD HD so far will be revoked within a few days meaning that players will require new keys that can be updated either online or by reading them from new discs.

Not sure about the source either.

If you Google it you'll only find links going back to "cdrinfo" or old audio watermarking articles

You would think that an actual tech newsfeed would have info on this.

so, if true, does this mean that players now will not be able to play the new discs...throw old players out?

what does watermarked video look like anyway?

I don't think they can change spec without messing everyone up.

ah....so a ROM mark really....

This means then that you could never really rip the stuff IF you had a player that checked for it. So the new media would have this mark and the NEW players would look for it.

So....older players would not, thus would this mean that the older players would still play the NEW discs and backups of them while the newer ones would only play the originals? If so I see the HD players out there now becoming in high demand....of course one cannot author and burn to HD anyway.

Hmmmm.....

Actually, I misread, sorry. Based on the article, they've actually decided to embed some code in the video.

Oh well.

Either SlySoft will find the solution or HDM manufacturers can go screw themselves and keep their little war without my money.

I don't care either way, really.

Last edited:
I know people say Slysoft is safe and all but sometimes I really worry that the bad guys will find a way to get rid of Slysoft.

I'm sure it'll get cracked, hasn't pretty much everything they've ried to do been broken sooner or later

End of HD Decryption?

The new strategies being employed could quite well spell the end of the ability of any programs being able to copy HD disks of any type.:policeman:

End of HD Decryption?

the kicker is that, data keys would be calculated differently on each drive

At a conference held by the DVD Forum in Berlin, the Advanced Access Content System Licensing Authority (AACS LA) unveiled its plans to fight back specifically against SlySoft's AnyDVD HD application, which can rip content from HD DVD and Blu-ray movie discs. The group also appears to be interested in fighting CAM piracy (movies recorded by camcorders in theaters) with video watermarking technology.

Movies shown in cinemas will be given a new watermark invisible to the human eye, but easily picked up by AACS-enabled players. Once the watermark is detected, the player will stop playback completely, according to the Heise Online. Of course, this would actually require a user top be watching a cam movie in an AACS-enabled player, like a HD DVD player or Blu-ray Disc player, so the effect it would have is unknown.

Back to its main purpose, to protect HD DVD and Blu-ray movie discs from being copied, "data keys" will provide additional encryption during the transmission of data from the drive to the PC (bus encryption). The keys will be different for each drive and each movie discs. According to AACS LA, even if hackers found and posted keys, it would not enable anybody else to decrypt the discs with their equipment.

The keys currently being used by SlySoft's AnyDVD HD will soon be revoked also, meaning that the software will be incapable of decrypting newer titles and that users with HD playback software will probably soon need to update.

Original Source : http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/95440

Wouldn't this then screw up stand alone HD-DVD Player too then?

how do they know that this watermarking thats "invisible to the human eye" will be carried over onto a cam??? do camcorders record light outside the range of the human eye (which i would assume this would have to be) ?

Back