• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Opera ('84 Entertainment) - Extras DVD 1: garbled picture, menus, sound

kmhfmnn

Hi,

It seems that this DVD does not decode properly. I get all kinds of artifacts when trying to play it, no matter if it's from the disc itself, or an ISO. Same problems in PowerDVD 17 or VLC 3. Not possible to enjoy any title, can't even select anything from the menu.

Here's the logfile (attached), hope it will provide some useful info.

Cheers,
Michael

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.5.0_Info_H_OPERA_EXTRAS.ziplog
    162.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

It seems that this DVD does not decode properly. I get all kinds of artifacts when trying to play it, no matter if it's from the disc itself, or an ISO. Same problems in PowerDVD 17 or VLC 3. Not possible to enjoy any title, can't even select anything from the menu.

Cheers,
Michael
I would:
1) Get the newest version/beta (currently 8.2.6.1)
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.5.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
2) EXIT AnyDVD and set your drive region.
ASUS BC-12D2HT 1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

If these don't help, submit another AnyDVD log.

Hi,

Cheers,
Michael
Please set your drive region code. As the message box told you.

Please set your drive region code. As the message box told you.
Thanks! Not sure which message box you're referring to, but that did the trick.

I'm just wondering if the same decoding issue could happen with a region 1 disc, now that my region code is set to 2 (and I have spent one possible drive level change)?
Or was my problem due to the fact that no region code was set at all, regardless of which one is set now?

The one where anydvd told you or couldn't crack the CSS code. At the bottom there's a paragraph about the region code. The problem is owed that there was no region set. Region 0 does NOT equal region free.

With a region 1 disc in a region 2 drive, anydvd will apply brute Force cracking due to different region but in most cases that should work just fine.

There's a chance that fails, but it'll not be the same problem as an unset region.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I see. Problem is, it did not tell me anything in this case.
But I have one other disc where I indeed got this message, and I'll now go back and revisit this.
Cheers!

That's not possible. With an unset region and CSS problems anydvd will ALWAYS show that message box with 4 possible causes (the unset region being one of them).

But now that it's set, don't worry about it. Shouldn't happen again unless anydvd had problems cracking a disc that doesn't match the current set region.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Back