• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[S] Firmware 1.02 for LG BH16NS55

Grawp

Would like to update FW (currently on v1.01) to increase media compatibility, but LG homepage only has v1.03 which ain't UHD friendly any longer... anyone who still has the original fw utility v1.02 from LG?

ty in advance!

I have same drive but with firmware 1.00. But if possible would like to update to 1.02 for faster copies.
Thanks in advance!

Extract the attachment, completely close AnyDVD HD (or the like). Drive must be emtpy !

1. Execute BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched.exe and click on the folder symbol (NOT! the "PLAY" button)
2. Select flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BH16NS55_1.02.bin (or flash_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02.bin if you want to crossflash to ASUS)
3. Click on the "PLAY" button

Attachments

• UP_CROSS.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 915
Thank you Terramex, followed your instructions and now have firmware 1.02 installed from 1.00.
Thank you for sharing info.

Last edited:
Extract the attachment, completely close AnyDVD HD (or the like). Drive must be emtpy !

1. Execute BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched.exe and click on the folder symbol (NOT! the "PLAY" button)
2. Select flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BH16NS55_1.02.bin (or flash_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02.bin if you want to crossflash to ASUS)
3. Click on the "PLAY" button
I fear the answer is no, but can this tool be used to downgrade firmware?

Do you know, if these firmwares can be used for the Asus BC-12D2HT?

Unfortunately this is only for up/downgrading/crossflashing a drive with already UHD friendly firmware.
For downgrading UHD unfriendly firmware there's still only the dosflash way.

Basically the firmwares can be used, if your ASUS is an UHD friendly NS50 model.

Last edited:
@Schnupfer1
Ich würde dir wärmstens empfehlen zur ASUS Firmware zu wechseln - läuft einfach "runder" und schneller.

@All LG 1.02 firmware users
I highly recommend to crossflash to ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 also included in the attachment.
It's simply smoother (like a car engine with precision tuning) and faster.
...and you can flash back to the LG firmware at any time.

@Terramex
Works well with the ASUS firmware.
But what is better about it now than with the LG FW?
Can not find anything at first go.
Except that now in the device manager ASUS instead of LG is.
greeting

(Funktioniert gut mit der ASUS Firmware.
Aber was ist jetzt daran besser als mit der LG FW?
Kann auf den ersten Anhieb nix feststellen.
Außer das jetzt im Gerätemanager ASUS statt LG steht.)
Gruß

Wrong language, please use the proper forum section language next time. You're in the english section.
Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, the post is only in the English section and I have to work with Google Translate.
greeting

hi i am new here. i have an LG BH16NS55 with 1.03 firmware.
should i still be able to rip HD Blue ray discs without downgrading the firmware?
i am not worried about UHD at the moment.
thanks in advance.

@Botly,

Yes. Your drive is fine as is for standard blu-ray discs. If you want to rip UHD, downgrading to 1.02 is currently required.

I am totally confused after reading tons of stuff. I also got a LG BH16NS55 with 1.03 firmware and I do want to rip. So downgrading is a must. I downloaded mk-firmwarepack and Downgrade Enabled Firmware V2 plus a file BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched.exe. I do NOT have a PC (just notebook/laptop) and I do NOT want to use dosflash (though I would if it's a must).

Before trying stuff that will brick my device: Can I downgrade the 1.03 via USB/external using the patched exe or not? If yes, which firmware file (or sequence of files) do I need to apply? If no, how can I achieve that downgrade?

Please help and thank you VERY MUCH in advance for any hint!!!

That particular firmware is a pain in the ass as it disables downgrade in multiple ways. There are some steps you must take if you want to get the drive working for UHD in more than just LibreDrive mode for MakeMKV.

First, you will need to flash the MK 1.03 version for that drive. That will re-enable the stuff that LibreDrive needs to work and also re-enable firmware downgrades. I'm not sure if the MK 1.03 version has been tried with AnyDVD...it might work so I would try it after flashing the MK 1.03. If it does not, then you will need to flash the DE 1.02 firmware. But that can only be flashed after the MK 1.03 firmware is flashed first.

Things to note. Dosflash is completely irrelevant here as 1.03 has disabled dosflash access to that drive. Downgrading does not re-enable it, either. Fun! But yes, depending on the USB enclosure, you should be able to flash it using a patched flasher. If it does not work, it means your particular enclosure is not compatible with flashing.

Hope this helps!

Wow, thank you so much for that REALLY FAST reply! I will give it a try tomorrow as I am not at home right now.

Just to be sure that I got everything right:

- Connect my external drive
- Start BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched.exe
- Select HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.03-NM00000-211711201704.bin from mk-firmware/LG/my modell
- try AnyDVD, if it works -> that's it
- if not: use DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BH16NS55_1.02.bin from the Downgrade Enabled Firmware Pack.

Is that correct? Right file names? I will report after trying it out. Do you think that I will have any (how much?) risk bricking my device?
THX A LOT!!!!!

Back