• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Patriot (2000) UHD error

dbG33K

I purchased DeUHD and made a rip of The Patriot (2000) on UHD, creating a full ISO backup. However, when I try and create an MKV file of the movie, CloneBD errors and aborts within moments of beginning. I thought maybe it was a bad rip, so I cleaned the disc with a soft cloth, and tried making a second ISO. Still no dice.

I'll include the error log file here.

Hopefully y'all can help me understand what's going wrong here.

Thanks.

- dbG33K

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.2.0.Patriot, The (2000) – 4K Ultra HD.cbdlog
    239.1 KB · Views: 7
Hopefully y'all can help me understand what's going wrong here.
The problem appears to be, that at least part of the source was not entirely decrypted. At least some of the copy protection markers are still intact - or even invalid, it seems.

Hmm... That is supremely frustrating. DeUHD was not cheap, and it isn't actually fully decrypting the disc? :( Ugh.

After ripping the disc with DeUHD again, this time using "Rip to Hard Disk," I can navigate to the m2ts file containing the full movie. That's running through MakeMKV right now, but if it runs fully through, I'm pretty sure the resulting MKV will still show as super pale (due to no HDR to SDR tonemapping).

Is there a way I can run the MKV (or even the original m2ts) through CloneBD just to convert the colors to proper SDR? Or perhaps some other program out there that can do it?

Thanks.

Have you tried to use CloneBD directly on the source disc? DeUHD claims to be a real-time decrypter like AnyDVD.

Have you tried to use CloneBD directly on the source disc? DeUHD claims to be a real-time decrypter like AnyDVD.
Just tried this. CloneBD seemed able to run this way, but I quickly got a pop-up error "Data corrupt error at sector xxxxxxx" While this didn't result in the process quitting, the preview did show significant artifacting. I aborted and viewed the resulting MKV and that artifacting was also in the end file. I'll attach the log.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.2.0.Patriot, The (2000) – 4K Ultra HD.cbdlog
    248.5 KB · Views: 0
Just tried this. CloneBD seemed able to run this way, but I quickly got a pop-up error "Data corrupt error at sector xxxxxxx" While this didn't result in the process quitting, the preview did show significant artifacting. I aborted and viewed the resulting MKV and that artifacting was also in the end file. I'll attach the log.
Okay then. Conclusion: DeUHD sucks. I suggest to file a bug report with them.

Okay then. Conclusion: DeUHD sucks. I suggest to file a bug report with them.

SIGH. Okay, I just sent them this message: "DeUHD is not fully decrypting the Patriot (2000) UHD disc. When I use DeUHD to create an ISO or Write to Hard Disk, the resulting files do not fully decrypt properly and cannot be used with other programs for converting to MKV without errors, due to the files still being encrypted, or having been decrypted with errors / file corruption."

Hopefully they get back to me, or put out an update or something... Thanks for your help.

Strangely, you can find on the web perfect 1:1 rip and mkv derivate from it of this disk and if deuhd is the only manner to rip it ...

Back