• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Hello TeddyRaspin,
I have also an ASUS BW-16D1HT with Firmware 3.02 from January 2018.
I was able to read the firmware with the help of your tutorial. Can you modify it for me, please ? I have attached it.
Thank you in advance.

Regards
Michael

Attachments

• 180610_ASUS-BW16D1HT_Original_3.02_Dump.bin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Hi Teddy,
Many thanks for your quick response and I really do appreciate your expertise ( Sorry about the double posting of my earlier request). I must report that I am still unable to play UHD blu-ray moves because of "Drive's signature of the Dv value seems incorrect (bus encryption) ERROR processing Blu-ray disc, but I am able to play blu-ray movies. Any suggestions?

You didn't flash someone else's firmware did you? That error means there's something wrong with the drive's firmware. That dv value is unique to each individual drive and is required for proper decryption.

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Hi Ch3vrOn,
Thanks for your reply. I must confess that I am new to this process and did use a firmware obtained from this thread. Are there any corrective measures I can take? If not I will purchase a new drive.

That's your problem then. Firmware's posted here are modified for the specific drive of the poster who provided the original firmware dump.

A poster provides a firmware dump from their drive. That firmware is then modified by teddyRaspin to make it uhd friendly again. The modified firmware works for THAT SPECIFIC drive only, as there's a drive unique signature in it.

By using someone else's modified firmware you corrupted the drive's firmware of your drive. That's why there's a warning in the original post

Important note :

If you forget to make a valid dump of your drive before flashing or try to flash a dump taken on the net, there is a high risk (> 90%) your device will be useless
and you will have to throw it in the WC

I don't know off it will work, but you could try flashing one of LG's official flashers. Though I doubt it will.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hi Teddy,

I had posted before, but I think it got lost in the newer posts. I have a LG BH16NS55 (attached original file below 1.03). Could you please help downgrade my firmware from 1.03 to 1.02? Also from reading the posts it looks like it is possible to cross-flash to the ASUS which gives a faster read speed. If that is possible, could you also please provide a file/direction on how to do that. Thanks

Steven

Attachments

• 1.03 original.bin.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
It's me again, I just got my replacement drive so could you please work your magic (one last time, I promise!) to revert to 1.02? :D

Many, many, many thanks!!!!

Attachments

• Dump LG BH16NS55 firmware 1.03 (new drive).zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Hi Teddy, I received a new LG WH16NS40 , manufactured in 4/2018, with FW 1.03. Kindly modify the firmware. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• WH16originFW.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Hi Teddy, Just to let you know that it works perfectly. Thanks once again. Keep up the good work.

I bought WH16NS60 (manufactured march 2018) rom ver:1.01
Would you please modify my FW

Attachments

• ns60.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Back