• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4K ULTRA HD - BD-25 - BD-50

czappiotr

HELLO
will there be a 4K ultra hd copying service on the bd-25 and bd-50 in bclonie in the near future? I care about using bdclonie, with the competition in dvdfab this option is already available, and when it will be made available in bdclonie
I tried to do the BETA version and all the time mistakes were showing

What's this 'bdclonie' you're referring too? And please don't compare CloneBD to the 'competition', if you need certain features, feel free to use 'them' instead ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Hello
I do not know English I translate to myself through Google, maybe it has been incorrectly translated
will it be 4K ULTRA HD option in the near future?

No idea about bdclonie whatever that is, but CloneBD afaik already can. If the title is naturally supported by anydvd for decryption. Not sure, i don't have any uhd titles.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hello
I have the latest free trial version
it is actually copying the Inferno 4K file folder, but only I can on the BD-50 and into the BDMV folder
how did I put in the BD-50 disc the program shows that too small disc and set in the program on 50GB, on the BD-25 does not show what it is?
because it is a test version?

just how I did the conversion is 18 hours on my computer and I have intel core i5 4400 cpu 3.10 GHz, four cores, 8 gb windows 5.3 performance
what equipment needs to be met, graphics card etc. to speed up the entire copying process?

UHD does work in clone BD (i think a UHD friendly drive i needed though)

but to work the fastest Nvidia NVENC hardware encoding/ decoding with a nvidia graphics card does speed up the process by alot depending on the video card you buy/have

O1vjj7r.png

HEY
thanks for the information
I want to buy a GIGABYTE GE FORCE GTX 1060 6GB GAMING 1 graphics card
Can I speed up this encoding process on this card?

The 1060 should work yes

@czappiotr
I'm using this card in Win10 64 bit and it works very fast.
A normal encode with cuda and best qualuty setting, takes about 30 to 40 minutes.
If you chose a backup mode , you can make your data fit to the prefered disc size.

Last edited:
I'm using Intel Graphics, I believe 630, and it shows in CloneBD that h/w acceleration cannot be used for HEVC. So when I tried to compress a 55G UHD movie to 50, it took around 18 hours. Way too long.

Yet Intel Graphics is what I need to play UHD.

Is the HEVC limitation something I'm stuck with because of Intel Graphics or is it something that may change in CloneBD in the future?

T

Is HW acc available at all or do the settings say 'software encoding' next to hevc? You're not saying that. Let's get that cleared up first

Yeah, with QuickSync enabled, hardware decoding is available for MPEG2, AVC and VC-1. Hardware encoding is only available for AVC.

Software decoding is available for HEVC and MVC 3D. Software encoding is available for HEVC and HEVC 10bit, HDR.

But the software HEVC process takes too long.

T

What appears as available to use hardware encoding depends on the level of graphics card you have (i do not know what these levels are) but Hardware encoding is available for H.265 HEVC 10 Bit on my computer

screenshot.1524614577.png

Side note "intel graphics" (using processor) is not eligible as a device for using "hardware acceleration"

Side note "intel graphics" (using processor) is not eligible as a device for using "hardware acceleration"

Trueinsanity not exactly sure what you mean.

This is the screen I see in CloneBD Settings on the Video tab that I got that information from.

CloneBD Video Settings on Envy-4k.JPG

I guess I'm trying to find out if the solution to getting use of Intel Graphics hardware acceleration while processing UHD's in CloneBD is to wait for a later release of CloneBD that would allow that OR getting a different Intel Graphics graphics card.

BTW, I'm stuck with Intel Graphics on this computer because PDVD requires it for me to play my UHD iso's.

T

the reason you get a different screen is because you have intel graphics and not a nvidia graphics card

screenshot.1524614578.png

my mistake in that i meant Hard ware encoding/decoding for HVEC 10 bit

Last edited:
BTW, I'm stuck with Intel Graphics on this computer because PDVD requires it for me to play my UHD iso's.

No you're not. For PLAYBACK PDVD requires to be hooked up to the onboard GPU. That doesn't mean you can get something like a 1050 or 1060 for encoding purposes. Since the display device will be hooked to the onboard GPU and not the discrete GPU the SGX chain isn't broken and playback should work just fine.

And you'll have HW acc hevc encoding, and non-hevc that blows the Intel quick sync out of the water

Ok @Ch3vr0n that's good to know.

I actually didn't realize that you could have two different graphics cards in a PC, if that's what you mean by a separate discrete GPU.

And I'm not 100% sure that it's possible in this particular PC, even though it is a desktop.

What in the PC specs would tell me that I am able to install a second graphics card (I'm not much of a hardware person).

Also, if I have 2 GPU's, will CloneBD let me pick which one it should use for encoding/decoding?

T

Last edited:
The Intel one is just a chip inside the CPU. It's not a graphics card as it's enthusiasts would call it. So yes you can, cause that's exactly what I'm doing. However I'd advise you to let someone PC savvy to do it then, because you will need to go into the BIOS and force the iGPU to 'enabled' and set 'primairy display' to the iGPU. Otherwise when the discrete card (like the 1060) gets added, the motherboard will automatically set the CPU card as primary display (which is normal behavior).

All you need is a free pci-express slot (preferably one of the top 2 'long' ones)

And yes CloneBD will let you do that then. With an Nvidia card CUDA will then become selectable. With an AMD one, the AMD APP will.

The Intel one is just a chip inside the CPU. It's not a graphics card as it's enthusiasts would call it. So yes you can, cause that's exactly what I'm doing. However I'd advise you to let someone PC savvy to do it then, because you will need to go into the BIOS and force the iGPU to 'enabled' and set 'primairy display' to the iGPU. Otherwise when the discrete card (like the 1060) gets added, the motherboard will automatically set the CPU card as primary display (which is normal behavior).

All you need is a free pci-express slot (preferably one of the top 2 'long' ones)

And yes CloneBD will let you do that then. With an Nvidia card CUDA will then become selectable. With an AMD one, the AMD APP will.

That's great !!!

Well, I have installed a Blu Ray drive into a desktop in the past, so I might give this a go on my own and maybe someone can talk me through the BIOS changes.

This is really wonderful news.

Since it seems the GE Force GTX 1060 is talked about a lot here, I'll research getting that immediately.

Thanks for the excellent explanation.

T

Every motherboard layout between manufacturer is different. Where it is under my Asus bios, it may not be under yours. For example, mine is under 'advanced power management' which doesn't make much sense since enabling the igpu with a dedicated GPU has nothing to do with power management.

It may be in your motherboard manual. If you know the exact brand and model of yours I might have a look on the net if I find the time.

Mine's a 1080, it all depends what budget you have. You've got 1060's with 3GB ram, 6gb,... Whatever you pick I'd recommend not going below 6GB

And yeah, your Power supply needs to be up to the task too. The more peripherals, the more power it needs to be able to supply.

Back