• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD loses sound part way through

Thomas Ricklefs

My new Yukon, when playing Jurassic World, give me a audio warning and then kills sound to the headphones after the movie has been on for a bit. Weird thing is, you can hear it on main speakers if I switch to that.

I assume this is the same issue I get with some movies killing sound when played on my xbox one when it gives a warning the copy isn't authorized. I have never bothered checking on this but I was on the site and thought I would ask.

I never have issues with my older players obviously.

Any way around these audios problems?

Thanks much!

AnyDVD has no impact at all on any type of audio playback behavior. This is not an anydvd issue. The Xbox one you're referring to might be cinavia but that one usualy cuts in around the 20 minute mark or earlier not halfway through the movie, and that one cuts the audio entirely and displays a visual warning. It's NOT an audio warning of any kind. That ytour yukon player turns might turn it into one is a player issue.

As to a way arround it, for DVD's (IF the warning is cinavia), get yourself a cheap DVD ONLY player. Even brand new ones of those are NOT required to detect it, cinavia is not a part of the DVD standard. But i'd avoid sony ones, as Sony is one of the main backers behind the technology.

For Blu-ray: AnyDVD + CloneBD combo, but it does have a cost to the audio.

Cinavia? If so, check to see your fox is purple while playing back.

I just had this happen, Cinavia warning with Early Man. I used CloneDVD2 and playback on a Sony Blu-Ray player.
I put the disk onto an older TV with a built in DVD and it worked fine. I'm wondering if the disk was ripped first and then burned to a DVD using a program like Aimersoft if it would still have the Cinavia "watermark"

I just had this happen, Cinavia warning with Early Man. I used CloneDVD2 and playback on a Sony Blu-Ray player.
I put the disk onto an older TV with a built in DVD and it worked fine. I'm wondering if the disk was ripped first and then burned to a DVD using a program like Aimersoft if it would still have the Cinavia "watermark"
The only problem you would have on playback for a DVD would be using a Bluray player made after February of 2012. A software player or DVD player does not check, not even a Sony DVD player. I have 3 Sony upconverting DVD players, all work fine.

The only problem you would have on playback for a DVD would be using a Bluray player made after February of 2012. A software player or DVD player does not check, not even a Sony DVD player. I have 3 Sony upconverting DVD players, all work fine.

Yes, I understand that. Most people now use Blue-Ray players for playback of DVD when not streaming.
My question was, if ripping the original file from DVD then burning the file to a DVD would circumvent the Cinavia and enable the DVD to playback in a Blu-Ray without error. I guess I'll have to try it.

Yes, I understand that. Most people now use Blue-Ray players for playback of DVD when not streaming.
My question was, if ripping the original file from DVD then burning the file to a DVD would circumvent the Cinavia and enable the DVD to playback in a Blu-Ray without error. I guess I'll have to try it.
No. As I said, the ONLY ways to not have Cinavia trigger is to play it on a device that isn't required to look for it.

Cinavia is embedded in the audio stream. The only way around it is to remove/replace the audio stream. As AnyDVD doesn't touch the audio stream (on DVD), it doesn't matter what combinations you try, it will still be there.

Last edited:
I got rid of my Blu Ray player sometime ago and bought an upscale DVD player.

The only ways (that I know of) around a cinavia infected disc is to:

Use anyDVD with CloneBD. Of course this is just for blu ray discs, DVD discs aren't supported.

Use the 3rd party cinavia removal program from those Ranger disc guys, I forgot what it's called. This will work on DVD discs.

Use a blu ray player made before 2012 or one with hacked firmware that has disabled the cinavia check (only a few support this).

Use a DVD player.

Use a PlayStation 3 on firmware 3.x , but not 3.55 or higher.

Use the 3rd party cinavia removal tool from those Chinese guys that use a monkey as their software mascot which also works on DVD.

Also, instead of burning the files to a disk, copy them to a USB stick or SD card and plug it into a media player like the Raspberry Pi.

If one makes an image on a hard drive (AnyDVD HD → IMGBurn or AnyDVD HD → CloneDVD/CloneBD), then plays the movie from the hard drive (no hardware player is used), does this step around the problem?

None whatsoever. IMGBurn can't remove cinavia, it'll only burn / rip to iso what you tell it to. As stated before, removing cinavia requires some form of audio processing. Neither AnyDVD nor IMGBurn, nor CloneBD can do that on their own. The combo AnyDVD + CloneBD DOES work, if you have the right setting enabled in anydvd and downscale the audio in cloneBD, but that comes at a cost to the audio.

Hardware player is irrelevant, software players like PowerDVD or WinDVD detect it too. But there's an anydvd setting to prevent that from happening (though that setting doesn't remove the signal. It just patches the player to not SEE the signal)

there's an anydvd setting to prevent that from happening (though that setting doesn't remove the signal. It just patches the player to not SEE the signal)

Thank you. What about VLC player? Does it pick up the signal? And what is that AnyDVD setting, please?

VLC isn't a licensed blu-ray player, so no it won't even without removing it. With or without either of AnyDVD's anti-cinavia settings enabled. Cinavia detection is only required for licensed players (both hardware and software)

Back