• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Spider-Man 2 (2004) - Fullscreen edition - drive not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perene

But I can convert the contents to MKV using MAKEMKV... and also open the disc with Power DVD.

The log is there. Any thoughts? If I were to guess I would say this DVD is not defective, it's just that AnyDVD is not recognizing its encryption.

I also noticed this error in MAKEMKV, while trying for the 1st time:

https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=961

Note: this DVD is from Brazil, region 4, NTSC. Fullscreen edition, I believe it was released in September 2004. The disc is very old.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    30.3 KB · Views: 9
But I can convert the contents to MKV using MAKEMKV... and also open the disc with Power DVD.

The log is there. Any thoughts? If I were to guess I would say this DVD is not defective, it's just that AnyDVD is not recognizing its encryption.

Note: this DVD is from Brazil, region 4, NTSC. Fullscreen edition, I believe it was released in September 2004. The disc is very old.
An Empty Drive log doesn't help the developers much unless they see something in the log causing an interference with AnyDVD. Do you have another drive in the system that might be able to read the disc well enough to get a real log? Some drives are better readers with borderline discs than others.

An Empty Drive log doesn't help the developers much unless they see something in the log causing an interference with AnyDVD. Do you have another drive in the system that might be able to read the disc well enough to get a real log? Some drives are better readers with borderline discs than others.
Unfortunately, no. Could this mean the disc is encrypted in a way AnyDVD is not recognizing or perhaps there is some scratch or anything of the sort I am not seeing?

I was able to create Matroska files from the movie and all extra features, but only after using MakeMKV to open the disc directly.

Usually when a DVD is defective this isn't possible. Since I was able to play using PowerDVD and convert all contents to MKV does this mean there are no problems with the disc itself?

I assumed this log could tell something specific about this DVD, such as "it is encrypted in a way AnyDVD (or at least the version I am using) does not recognize it". In other words I thought this log could tell AnyDVD developers to include this title among the list of all others that weren't recognized and decrypted YET.

(Note: I don't know if "disc not being recognized" and "encrypted in a way that requires a newer AnyDVD version to deal with" are related issues).

@Perene 8.1.3.0 is over 1 year old. If your licence allows, update to 8.2.5.0.

If I were to guess I would say this DVD is not defective, it's just that AnyDVD is not recognizing its encryption.
It could be that there was a DVD regression problem that has now been fixed.
8.2.5.0 2018 05 14
- Fix (DVD): Regression problem with some discs

Last edited:

Cracked AnyDVD versions won't work.

As stated cracked versions don't work. As such we can't help you. Please get a license and we'll be happy to assist you.

Discussion terminated, topic closed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back