• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dumping & Downgrading firmware on UHD Friendly Devices. (OUTDATED)

Hi. I just received my LG BH16NS55 and I managed to make a firmware dump. So TeddyRaspin, I would appreciate it very much if you helped me with the modifying stuff. File is attached...

Attachments

• LGBH16NS55_1.03.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Hi Teddy.
I just bought LG BH16NS55 with the attached 1.03 firmware, please could you send me a modified firmware to dump UHD.
Thanks.
Philippe

Attachments

• BH16NS55_1.03.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Hello,

Attached, my firmware ( BH16NS55)

BTW when i followed your method, once i'm on live windows 7, in " my computer" i cant seem to find my USB device. So i launched the dos flash from my secondary drive HDD, to create my dump file. Is that okay?
When i'm going to erase and replace the firmware, can i locate the corrected BIN you're giving me , from the secondary HDD too?

Thanks

Attachments

• 103 symus.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
@Symus35

Here we go. Of course you have to erase and replace your firmware via dosflash.

Attachments

• TEST102.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Thanks a lot.

Is it ok to run dosflash from another drive? since i can't run it from the usb?

Could you please do my WH16NS40? It's already 1.02, but I can't get it to work. Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• WH16NS40.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Thanks a lot.

Is it ok to run dosflash from another drive? since i can't run it from the usb?

Of course yes.

Could you please do my WH16NS40? It's already 1.02, but I can't get it to work. Thanks so much for your help!

Your drive is a NS40 device, not NS5x (NS50/NS55), so it can't be made UHD friendly and it will never read any UHD disc, I'm sorry about that. :(

Hi,

I got my BH16NS55 today and wanted to downgrade the firmware. However, I can't change the SATA settings to IDE in my BIOS. Am I done now?!

regards,
Foppa

Hi,

I got my BH16NS55 today and wanted to downgrade the firmware. However, I can't change the SATA settings to IDE in my BIOS. Am I done now?!

regards,
Foppa

I used the oldest pc in my house. I tried on a UEFI bios and no go. I think maybe the older the motherboard the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
Could you please modify my attached firmware, thanks!

Attachments

• 3.02oldFirmware.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Here in the UK, Distributors are now shipping the Asus BC-12D1HT to resellers with firmware 3.01 and the BW-16D1HT with 3.02 (newer version) – both unfriendly firmware!

There’s still likely stock in the reseller channel with older firmware, particularly the OEM versions of the drives that ship without a box and software bundle.

For those that do end up with a drive and want to downgrade I can confirm the process outlined at the top of this thread works fine with these latest manufactured drives.

A ‘clean’ 3.00, 3.01 and older 3.02 firmware for the BW-16D1HT has already been posted that can be used to create a friendly firmware for that drive with but for those looking to downgrade a BC-12D1HT here is attached a ‘clean’ dumped 3.00 firmware that can be used along with the EEPROM_Data_Mover Tool and your own dumped firmware to create a friendly firmware.

Attachments

• flash_ASUS_BC-12D2HT_3.00.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

Attachments

• TEST302.ZIP
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Neither. You have to buy a BH16NS55 or ASUS BW-16D1HT (no matter which is the factory FW onboard, they can always be downgraded to a UHD friendly fw version).
Thanks very much! I just ordered one and will post my dump when it arrives. For anyone in the US, here's the link, plus a $25 rebate you can get after purchasing:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DWFPDJI/
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/01/33/15/45/49/13315454910._CB496713092_.pdf

Back