• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Terminator 2 3D

MovieFan

I am pulling my hair out. I ripped this without issue in CloneBD. It is a Region B disk, but I use AnyDVD-HD so that shouldn't be an issue. When I rip it and try to play it in some players (in this case the Plex, LG Smart TV client) it only shows as a compressed image horizontally. It is 3D, but looks much smaller horizontally.

I have attached a picture of the screen as well as the CloneBD and AnyDVD-HD logs.

Thank for any help!

Attachments

• d5y831c2saat.jpg
    d5y831c2saat.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 34
  • CloneBD.1.2.1.0.Terminator 2 - Judgment Day (1991) 3D-TAB.cbdlog
    370.1 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_8.2.4.1_Info_D_TERMINATOR_2_3D_A636CBD6.ziplog
    325.6 KB · Views: 1
I am pulling my hair out. I ripped this without issue in CloneBD. It is a Region B disk, but I use AnyDVD-HD so that shouldn't be an issue. When I rip it and try to play it in some players (in this case the Plex, LG Smart TV client) it only shows as a compressed image horizontally. It is 3D, but looks much smaller horizontally.
Does this only happen with this particular 3D movie?

No, but I can't tell exactly when it started. I have identified a few titles that did this and all were ripped in the last few weeks. Titles I ripped prior to that using the exact same procedure still play fine.

I'm still trying to pinpoint, but it might be just TAB files this is happening with. Still testing....

The MVC file I created in CloneBD of the same title plays fine.

So......... I’m ripped the exact same disk in 3D-SBS and it’s playing great.

It appears to be related to TAB ripping which is my preferred format because my TVs are passive.

Sigh.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please create a tiny example of a TAB MKV: just select a tiny snippet (e.g. using the trimming feature in CloneBD), maximum compression.
Then zip it and post it here. I'd like to see if other players have the same problem with it.

Can you please create a tiny example of a TAB MKV: just select a tiny snippet (e.g. using the trimming feature in CloneBD), maximum compression.
Then zip it and post it here. I'd like to see if other players have the same problem with it.
Pete, using the previewer it only seems to display in SBS format if you choose a 3D option.

What I did was start a TAB rip in the main program then aborted it. It is 15 seconds long. Hopefully that works. Just remove the fake ZIP extension at the end.

[Pete: attachment removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete, using the previewer it only seems to display in SBS format if you choose a 3D option.
That's normal, the preview player has no idea what kind of conversion you're going to select later on. It's just so it shows both eyes and SBS is the ideal format for that.

What I did was start a TAB rip in the main program then aborted it. It is 15 seconds long. Hopefully that works. Just remove the fake ZIP extension at the end.
OK, the file plays perfectly on the two 3D capable devices I have available, I don't see anything wrong about it (though the file is truncated, which normally doesn't happen, even if you abort, but that's irrelevant).
I also checked all the resolution information in the header fields and read the relevant 3D sections of the Matroska specification, everything is correct and according to the standard.

tab.png

The relevant fields are: PixelWidth/-Height and DisplayWidth/-Height.
PixelHeight is the encoded height of the image - the specification expressly states, that this represents the total dimension of both images together.
And DisplayHeight is simply the output height.

There is nothing wrong with that file - maybe twiddle a bit with the settings of your TV? Or Plex?

There is nothing wrong with that file - maybe twiddle a bit with the settings of your TV? Or Plex?
I re-ripped this in TAB format. It again ripped fine and on my PC it plays in a full-width frame as expected.

I'll have to test it on my 3D TV when my son goes to bed.....;)

The re-rip on this is working.

I have no idea WTH is going on.......

Back