• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD (4K-HDR)

yes but convert it properly.
it was given to me as a MKV file. 1 of 7 setups in my house can play this properly using ... the oppo 203 or shield tv.
the rest are 1080p sets and a good 3d setup is required in 2 of those meaning i'm not giving up on 1080p just yet.
and i want this video to be compatible with 1080p bluray.
i think it needs to adjust the color when converting from hdr. it is not doing it right.

what tools exist to downconvert from hevc hdr 4k to h.264 sdr 1080p???

it was given to me as a MKV file. 1 of 7 setups in my house can play this properly using ... the oppo 203 or shield tv.
the rest are 1080p sets and a good 3d setup is required in 2 of those meaning i'm not giving up on 1080p just yet.
i think it needs to adjust the color when converting from hdr. it is not doing it right.

Have you tried RipBot?
I'm using it for converting HDR MKV 2160p to SDR MKV 1080p.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127611

Or probably better, CloneBD.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Ah, indeed, overlooked that part. But i'm not sure i think @DrinkLyeAndDie requested that and think they responded they placed or might place it on the todo list?

Ah, indeed, overlooked that part. But i'm not sure i think @DrinkLyeAndDie requested that and think they responded they placed or might place it on the todo list?

I probably expressed interest at some point. I never officially sent an email or anything, however. I'd definitely love to see support for MKV as the source.

Ah, that's the one i was referring to. Wasn't u DLAD but SamuriHL

try this
https://www.hdfury.com/shop/

Ill be releasing a video how to take a uhd rip and convert it to 1 to 1 h264 8bit with ffmpeg script and it will look exactly like madvrs pixel shader nit value with the exact peak brightness and luma. I created an advanced hdr to sdr lut that works on all hdr movies and produced 0 banding and matches the color of the hdr to 99 percent accuracy with bt709 8bit. I choose to use 18mbit as a test file but could up it to 20-25mbit and the sizes of the h264 actually match the h265 is size in my tests. A 1 min clip takes approx. 8 minutes to encode with the 3d lut I used. Not many people know how to do this so I will make instructional video if this is something you want to do. Basically take any h265 hdr video and covert it to hdr to sdr bt709 8 bit with no loss or banding. The hd audio and atmos remain untouched. with ffmpeg the first extraction is from 300 meg to 5 gig to act as the main video file to add the lut. I use the proxie file of 200meg to apply the lut them go online with the huge file and encode. its simple but you must use proxies or your computer will freeze with an h264 uncompressed source file. If you use a crf of 16 or less you risk reducing the encode quality from the original. The idea is to use raw files off uhd and work with proxies then apply the raw file in the end with the hdr sdr lut and add the audio in mkvtoolnix last back into an mkv container. IT keeps the sinc and the video will play on any normal bluray player or stream box but retain the color and shading of the hdr material on sdr boxes and tvs. Madvr is not needed if you want to get away from the pc. I use madvr but everyone is different.

Ill be releasing a video how to take a uhd rip and convert it to 1 to 1 h264 8bit with ffmpeg script and it will look exactly like madvrs pixel shader nit value with the exact peak brightness and luma. I created an advanced hdr to sdr lut that works on all hdr movies and produced 0 banding and matches the color of the hdr to 99 percent accuracy with bt709 8bit. I choose to use 18mbit as a test file but could up it to 20-25mbit and the sizes of the h264 actually match the h265 is size in my tests. A 1 min clip takes approx. 8 minutes to encode with the 3d lut I used. Not many people know how to do this so I will make instructional video if this is something you want to do. Basically take any h265 hdr video and covert it to hdr to sdr bt709 8 bit with no loss or banding. The hd audio and atmos remain untouched. with ffmpeg the first extraction is from 300 meg to 5 gig to act as the main video file to add the lut. I use the proxie file of 200meg to apply the lut them go online with the huge file and encode. its simple but you must use proxies or your computer will freeze with an h264 uncompressed source file. If you use a crf of 16 or less you risk reducing the encode quality from the original. The idea is to use raw files off uhd and work with proxies then apply the raw file in the end with the hdr sdr lut and add the audio in mkvtoolnix last back into an mkv container. IT keeps the sinc and the video will play on any normal bluray player or stream box but retain the color and shading of the hdr material on sdr boxes and tvs. Madvr is not needed if you want to get away from the pc. I use madvr but everyone is different.

that is what i'm looking for ... a detailed step by step way to do this...
including a simple test to verify tools are installed properly, like ffmpeg.
when will this be ready?

Once my 2 testers confirm perfect color transfers. Couple weeks.

yes if I convert is with straxrip ffmpeg h264 it imports perfect. so there is a way. Off to the store. Have along day ahead of me.......lol

Yes I've had success. Ill have to share my hdr lut to sdr with you guys. Currently im working on 4k stuff but will revisit this soon.

Hi,

a nice ffmpeg-suggestion to convert 10bit UHD HDR to SDR with HDR-like colours can be found at https://stevens.li/guides/video/converting-hdr-to-sdr-with-ffmpeg/

I've worked out an example for the UHD disc Oblivion. In that example the 3840 * 2160 HEVC HDR source is converted to 1920 * 1080 x264 SDR:

ffmpeg -i oblivion.m2ts -map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:4 -map 0:a:0 -aspect 1920:816 -r 23.976 -vf crop=3840:1632:0:264,scale=1920:816,zscale=t=linear:npl=100,format=gbrpf32le,zscale=p=bt709,tonemap=tonemap=hable:desat=0,zscale=t=bt709:m=bt709:r=tv,format=yuv420p -c:v libx264 -preset fast -profile:v high -crf 18 -ac 2 -c:a aac -b:a 192k -metadata:s:a:0 language=ger -metadata:s:a:1 language=eng -y oblivion-1080p-sdr.mp4

What does this command do?
  • it makes use of the video track (-map 0:v:0) and the german and english audio tracks (-map 0:a:4 -map 0:a:0)
  • it crops the blackbars (crop=3840:1632:0:264)
  • it scales the video down to 1080p (scale=1920:816 -> blackbars taken away, therefore 816 instead of 1080)
  • the colour magic (HDR looking colours in an SDR video) is done by the string "zscale=t=linear:npl=100,format=gbrpf32le,zscale=p=bt709,tonemap=tonemap=hable:desat=0,zscale=t=bt709:m=bt709:r=tv,format=yuv420p" in the vf-option.
  • the rest is standard: x264 with preset fast, nearly transparent quality by -crf 18, audio conversion and language -tagging
From my point of view it's harder to perform an x265 conversion keeping the HDR properties. Background: To do so, you cannot simply take the ffmpeg Zeranoe builds as they are 8 bit.
That's why you have to build your own ffmpeg 10 bit version which is much more challenging.

Back