• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burnt ISO on BD-R makes AnyDVD crash

pjouy

Translator (fr)
Hi,
I made an unprotected ISO from a Blu-Ray with AnyDVD 8.2.4.0.
I burnt this ISO on a BD-R DL, successfully.
Each time I try to insert the disc in the drive, AnyDVD shows an exception message (and crashes AnyDVD, I can't read any disc until reboot, and can't restart AnyDVD until reboot).
Same issue with 3 different drives, with two Windows 7 systems and three different versions of AnyDVD.
**The same disc is fully readable and playable on a system without AnyDVD installed.**

Any idea? Does AnyDVD need a fix?
Thanks
Log file attached. Same issue with 8.2.4.0 and 8.2.4.6.

Hi,
I made an unprotected ISO from a Blu-Ray with AnyDVD 8.2.4.0.
I burnt this ISO on a BD-R DL, successfully.
Each time I try to insert the disc in the drive, AnyDVD shows an exception message (and crashes AnyDVD, I can't read any disc until reboot, and can't restart AnyDVD until reboot).
Same issue with 3 different drives, with two Windows 7 systems and three different versions of AnyDVD.
**The same disc is fully readable and playable on a system without AnyDVD installed.**

Any idea? Does AnyDVD need a fix?
Thanks
Log file attached. Same issue with 8.2.4.0 and 8.2.4.6.
Could you please post a dump from 8.2.4.7? Thank you!

EDIT: Does AnyDVD crash only from the BD-R, or from the mounted image (VCD) as well?

Here is the requested log file.

Actually I don't need to mount an image, so I don't have that kind of tool installed on my PC.

Interresting info: AnyDVD also crashes when I insert the disc on an unmonitored ("disabled") drive.

Last edited:
Here is the requested log file.

Actually I don't need to mount an image, so I don't have that kind of tool installed on my PC.

Interresting info: AnyDVD also crashes when I insert the disc on an unmonitored ("disabled") drive.
Can you please try to disable all remastering functions? Easiest way is to click "default" in settings.
If it doesn't crash anymore, please post an AnyDVD logfile of the disc causing the problem.

EDIT: If possible, logfiles from both the original disc and the copy would be helpful.

Last edited:
Hi James,
You have put the finger on something!
When I have reset the default settings, it worked!
After trying to re-enable my settings one by one, I found that the Region removal crashes AnyDVD for that burnt disc!

FYI, region is not shown on the Blu-Ray box, but it is likely a region free disc (Warner).

Logs for original disc (BD), burnt disc (BD-R) and new crash dump (just in case) attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.7_Info_G_JUDGE DREDD_5D067386_00000000 (BD-R).ziplog
    158.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.2.4.7_Info_G_JUDGE DREDD_5D067386_13B64C96 (BD).ziplog
    174.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi James,
You have put the finger on something!
When I have reset the default settings, it worked!
After trying to re-enable my settings one by one, I found that the Region removal crashes AnyDVD for that burnt disc!

FYI, region is not shown on the Blu-Ray box, but it is likely a region free disc (Warner).

Logs for original disc (BD), burnt disc (BD-R) and new crash dump (just in case) attached.
Thank you.
The problem is, that the copy was created with an AnyDVD version, which suffers from a bug with this disc.
If you create a new BD-R from the original disc with AnyDVD 8.2.4.7, the problem should go away.

Thanks James.

When playing the BD-R with PowerDVD 12 normally, PowerDVD stops to play just before the menu. Same with the extracted files from the ISO.
Although AnyDVD 8.2.4.8 does not crash anymore when I insert the disc, although I cannnot go past the menu (but now I can play the M2TS files). I see numerous fixes about that in the changelog ;)

I will create a new ISO from the disc, and burn it again.

If I just copied the files and folders directly from the disc (and not create an ISO), would have it worked using previous versions of AnyDVD?

If I just copied the files and folders directly from the disc (and not create an ISO), would have it worked using previous versions of AnyDVD?
No.

So if I tried to play the original disc with the faulty AnyDVD version, I would have faced an issue.
I remember I played this disc several times successfully with very older versions of AnyDVD...

So if I tried to play the original disc with the faulty AnyDVD version, I would have faced an issue.
I remember I played this disc several times successfully with very older versions of AnyDVD...
Not all AnyDVD versions had this problem.

OK, no luck then. I lost a BD-R DL :(

And that's why they invented BD-RE's ;). Even with disc i intend to make a permanent backup off, i almost always burn to a BD-RE first to make sure everything works as it should. Everything works out fine? Burn it again to BD-R

And that's why they invented BD-RE's ;). Even with disc i intend to make a permanent backup off, i almost always burn to a BD-RE first to make sure everything works as it should. Everything works out fine? Burn it again to BD-R

Yes, but BD-RE DL are VERY expensive...

You only need ONE ;) They're rewriteable for a reason ;) Write, fail? Erase and try again :)

I know dude ;)
As I don't burn BD-R DL often, and as I usually don't make backups (but this disc is known to have a layer-glue issue, and is not edited anymore), I don't feel the need to buy such RE discs. No luck for this time.

I know dude ;)
As I don't burn BD-R DL often, and as I usually don't make backups (but this disc is known to have a layer-glue issue, and is not edited anymore), I don't feel the need to buy such RE discs. No luck for this time.
Suggestion: Play the original disc on your PC (with AnyDVD running, as always) before burning a disc.
Side effect: You can check all the cool remastering stuff, including subtitle position & brightness.

Thanks James.
Acutally, I don't remember facing an issue with AnyDVD BD remaster (which is cool). So I trusted blindly that I could clone this disc without checking. Moreover when I played this disc several times before.
Trust does not exclude check ;)

Last edited:
Back